NAGICO Life Insurance EC Ltd is a dynamic, financially strong, and innovative insurance provider and is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced individual to fill the post of ACCOUNTANT in St. Lucia.
SUMMARY: An Accountant’s duties and responsibilities will focus mainly on delivering and reporting accurate accounting data in an independent, reliable, flexible, and timely manner to accomplish assignments under strict deadlines for management.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Invoice & prepare payment in Account’s systems
- Perform daily processing of premiums, loans, surrenders, withdrawals, and claims transactions.
- Prepare various monthly and annual financial reports.
- Prepare monthly and annual regulatory and tax filings
- Manage petty cash and prepare monthly reconciliation and reimbursements.
- Prepare banking correspondence and manage bank account including bank deposits, online banking account, reconciliation of bank statement and general ledger.
- Manage fixed assets modules accurately.
- Prepare monthly payroll and payroll journals.
- Verify cashier’s closing and other related duties.
- Manage investments accounts.
- Process intercompany transactions and monthly reconciliations.
- Complete month end reconciliations and year end internal and external audits.
- Assists as directed by management, in other related activities within the department
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Business Administration and or a related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ working experience with solid and proven knowledge in Accounts.
- Solid and proven knowledge and experience working with SAGE, FIMMAS and Insurance software.
- Work experience in the insurance industry would be an asset.
- Must have intermediate knowledge/skills in Microsoft Office Suite specifically Excel and general computer literacy.
- Maintains and develops professional and technical knowledge through continuous educational development with a concentration in Accounts.
- Must show good planning and organizing skills; excellent written and verbal communications skills; good communication skills; good interpersonal skills; good customer service orientation; good analytical and decision-making skills; results focused orientation; keen attention to detail; excellent time management skills; and willingness to be an excellent team player with a positive work attitude.
- Must exhibit trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Ability to work consistently to achieve targets, without constant supervision.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications, experience, and competence.
If you are interested in joining the NAGICO team, please submit your application along with a detailed resume, two work references and certified copies of qualifications.
Please submit via email only and subject must be stated as “Application for the position of Accountant”
Cover letter addressed as follows:
NAGICO Life Insurance EC Ltd
Deadline for application is August 13, 2021, 4pm.
Please note that only suitable candidates will be acknowledged.
Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates