St. Lucia Electricity Services Limited (LUCELEC) would like to inform the general public that from Monday, Dec. 4, the company will commence excavation works on the west coast road from Soufriere, near the Quatre Chemin junction.
This is to allow LUCELEC to install ducts and run 66kV cables (high voltage lines) underground from the Bouton junction, stretching approximately 400 meters north towards Belvedere. The lines are being placed underground to relocate them from an area under threat from land slippage. Relocating the lines underground along with other planned improvements will make the electricity supply for customers from Canaries to Vieux Fort even more reliable.
The excavation works will be undertaken over a three-week period. Heavy equipment, machinery, and personnel, will be on site from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily. Motorists using this route are asked to proceed with caution in the vicinity of the works.
LUCELEC deeply regrets any inconvenience which the road works may cause, and wishes to thank the general public for their patience and understanding.
Latest Caribbean News
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy – Customer Service /Accounts clerk no later than 12th June 2023.
- St Lucia Vacancies
- Apartments For Rent in St Lucia
- Welcome To St.Lucia's #1 Business Directory & Media Website
- Vacancy GCG Group HR Assistant by June 09th, 2023
- Multiple Vacancies Drive-A-Matic Car Rentals Deadline for applications 7th June 2023
- Multiple Vacancies Blue waters St. Lucia by Monday 29th May , 2023.
- Jade Mountain St Lucia Reservation Representative no later than June 6th, 2023
- Vacancy - MERCHANDISERS & PORTERS by May 28, 2023.
- Vacancy Supervisor The Guyana and Trinidad Mutual Group of Insurance Companies Ltd deadline for submission of applications is 9th June, 2023