Ladera Resort - Human Resources Manager
Ladera Resort is seeking to fill the post of Human Resources Manager to complement its Management Team.
Summary Job Purpose:
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for providing professional support and advice on all human resource management areas to the resort. The HRM will need to be a proactive leader in the development of an outstanding workforce that emphasizes excellence, continuous improvement, and high performance.
The primary responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Creates and enhances training and development programmes that align with the hospitality industry standards; fulfilling all tasks and procedures to maintain local and international requirements i.e. Forbes Travel Guide, Health Department, Labour Department, Fire Department, First AID and CPR, AAA Certification, Green Globe Certification, Community Footprints and any other industry related programmes.
- Ensure maximum return on investment of Ladera’s human capital.
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and evaluation of employee work results by developing and overseeing appropriate performance management systems, and training managers to coach, develop and where necessary discipline employees.
- Establishes and maintains company compensation programmes to ensure internal and external equity is maintained and guides management on promotions, reclassifications, transfers.
- Manages employee relations practices to ensure a positive employee-employer relationship.
- Evaluates turnover and performance trends and provide solutions to management to ensure that Ladera maintains its standing as a preferred resort to work with on the island.
- Guides management and employee actions by developing and updating HR policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; and communicating and enforcing organization values.
- Works as a trusted advisor and communicates feedback and recommendations confidently to the executive team on all human resource management issues.
- Complies with local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
As an ideal candidate, you will meet the following Education & Experience requirements:
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management from an accredited University and/or at least 8 years professional management experience, at least two of which has been at a senior management level.
- Knowledge of current trends and practices in human resources administration, employee classification, compensation and benefits, recruitment, selection, performance management, training, and labour relations;
- Considerable knowledge of leadership and managerial principles, techniques, and practices.
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to understand and promote the linkage between business and human resource activities.
- Adept at planning, directing and administering human resources programmes and systems.
- Exceptional skills in communicating effectively verbally and in writing and at establishing and maintaining working relationships with employees, company officials, and labour department officials.
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experienced in establishing performance standards and ability to counsel, motivate, and manage staff, ensure excellent performance and secure commitment to the Resort’s goals.
- Ability to effectively articulate and promote Ladera’s strategic positions, including its core values, to a diverse audience.
- Competitive Salary & Benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Please submit your application and resume by 5pm Friday, July 26, 2019 to: email@example.com
We will confirm receipt of all applications. However, we will only interview persons short-listed for the position. Thank you for considering a career with Ladera Resort.