Digicel - HR Internship
HR INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY!
Digicel is pleased to offer this exciting internship opportunity, in keeping with our corporate social responsibility, for the development of a young professional by providing real work experience while the incumbent explores their interests and develops professional skills and competencies.
Over the course of one (1) year, the successful candidate will serve in the Human Resources Department within the Digicel (Caribbean) Limited (DCL) office based in Saint Lucia.
To gain invaluable real work experience by assisting the Human Resource Manager with all aspects of the day to day Human Resources operations functions, as needed.
SCOPE OF THE INTERSHIP WILL INCLUDE (BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO)
- Work within the HR Manager to ensure delivery of a professional and efficient HR service, supporting others within the team when necessary.
- Support the recruitment and selection of staff including conducting of interviews and administering of tests and drafting of contracts.
- Support the performance management program including scheduling of performance management training, compiling of information from personal development forms and tracking of execution of same.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks relating to medical and pension schemes are completed including enrollments, changes and terminations, payments, renewal of contracts and record keeping.
- Arrange and assist with communicating changes to employees
- Process monthly billings from insurance/pension providers. Review billings for accuracy, codes and advances for payment. Complete reports for management as requested.
- Assist with the tracking and compilation of monthly and ad hoc HR reports
- Process vacation accruals, tracking of all absences ensuring company policy is being followed and appropriate correspondence is sent to employees as appropriate.
- Assist with the processing and dissemination of HR correspondence regarding contractual changes, employee letters, and immigration documentation, among others.
- Assist with the maintenance of employee files to ensure the relevant documentation is in place, particularly as it relates to the new hire and termination checklists.
DESIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Current student or recent graduate of a BSc in Management Studies, Human Resource Management or Social Sciences programme at a recognized institution.
- Prior work experience, preferably in the area of Administration
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office suite
- Must have a basic knowledge of HR best practices
- Experience of reporting, coordination and solid administrative skills.
- Some exposure to project management techniques would be considered an asset.
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to the Human Resources Department email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted! Good luck!
Deadline June 21, 2019.