Dax Wholesale & Retail - Warehouse Manager
Dax Wholesale & Retail is seeking an experienced Warehouse Manager to join our Management Team.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for a vital part of the supply chain process, they will be required to manage people, processes and systems, to ensure goods are received and dispatched appropriately and productivity targets are met. The successful candidate will also be responsible for workplace health and safety standards and for the security of the building and stock.
This candidate will report to the Accountant and will be required to:
- Liaise with customers and suppliers.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor the receipt, order, assembly and dispatch of goods
- use space and mechanical handling equipment efficiently, making sure quality, budgetary targets and environmental objectives are met
- Have a clear understanding of the company's policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinate the use of automated and computerized systems where necessary
- Respond to and deal with customer communication by email and telephone
- Keep stock control systems up to date and make sure inventories are accurate
- Plan future capacity requirements
- Organize the recruitment and training of staff, as well as monitoring staff performance and progress
- Motivate, organize and encourage teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Brief team leaders on a daily basis
- Maintain standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals and food are stored safely
- Oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment
- Where appropriate, oversee the maintenance and operation of warehouse management systems and automated storage and retrieval systems.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
- Must have an Associate degree in Management or equivalent experience in the field of Inventory Management
- Must have experience working within a retail environment
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to generate reports.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be available for work outside normal working hours.
- Prior experience with Inventory Management Software.
Salary A competitive compensation package will be offered to commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method of Application:
An Application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae, two referees and should be sent to the following email address: email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 10th March 2018
Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.