Dax Wholesale & Retail – General Manager
Dax Wholesale and Retail is seeking to hire a General Manager to contribute to the development, implementation, monitoring and review of the business.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works with the Managing Director and other Heads of Function to influence the creation and communication of company strategy,
- Generates ideas about future retail activities to ensure a cutting-edge strategy; maintains up to date knowledge of the market place, competitors and trends
- Takes decisions on matters relating to the day to day retail operations within their defined work area including the strategic planning of resources
- Translates the strategic goals into retail operational plans to achieve the required targeted growth in sales and profit; identifies and optimizes promotional opportunities ensuring these are co -ordinated with wider Mind promotions and campaigns
- Works with HR to ensure people management issues are satisfactorily resolved and relevant HR policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Maintains and constantly develops innovative and cost-effective stock generation; monitors stock weekly to achieve bottom line sales budget against monthly targets
- Regularly produces and presents a range of financial/non-financial reports for the Managing Director.
- Manage retail store staff, hire and train new employees, motivate current employees, schedule employee hours, and oversee payroll.
- Plan store layout and displays to simplify customer shopping and promote products.
- Resolve customer problems and handle customer complaints.
- Work to meet all sales targets, plan store sales strategies, analyze sales data, and work to expand sales.
- Three (3) or more business experience including relevant multi-site gained within the retail sector
- Experienced in managing relationships at a senior level and managing a diverse (in terms of skill base and experience) team of people.
- Must possess a track record of increasing and sustaining sales growth and profitability even in challenging market conditions such as the current economic climate
- Must demonstrate a proven ability to motivate, coach and develop people
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written to include report writing.
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Commercially sound with a good understanding of profit and loss accounting and the influence of operating factors e.g. volume v price
- Excellent organization skills, able to prioritize
- Team player – concerned with the team success as well as individual performance
- Visible Leadership skills – can motivate others to achieve
- Solution orientated, decisive by nature
- Self-starter – high energy levels
- Positive and Enthusiastic
- Strong professionally – credible with integrity
- Good Listener – will challenge constructively and respond well to feedback
All Applications with updated CV must be submitted by Wednesday 17th July 2019 to:
The Managing Director
Dax Wholesale and Retail
Dax Wholesale and Retail
Please type General Manager in the subject line
Email address: email@example.com
Applications will be shortlisted. Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.