Caritas Antilles - FINANCE OFFICER - YEAC PHASE VII
SCOPE OF WORK:
Position: CARITAS ANTILLES FINANCE OFFICER - YEAC PHASE VII
Caritas Antilles with support from USAID/OFDA and in partnership with Caritas Dominica, Caritas Grenada and St. Patrick Rangers, has implemented the Youth Emergency Action Committees (YEAC) project in vulnerable communities in Jamaica, St. Lucia, and Grenada.
This project is based and built upon the experiences and successes of the Community Risk Reduction through Youth Emergency Action Committees in Urban Neighbourhoods of Kingston, Jamaica project (YEAC, 2009-2011) formerly implemented by Catholic Relief Services. Project activities include the formation and strengthening of YEACs in highly vulnerable communities; engaging youth as leaders in a process of community risk reduction; training community members in Disaster Preparedness, Mitigation, and Management (DPMM); developing community hazard risk reduction plans and selecting, planning, and implementing hazard risk mitigation activities.
The current phase of the YEAC project is designed to strengthen the regional emergency response capacity and the network of Youth Emergency Action Committees (YEACs) in the Caribbean, by consolidating and reinforcing capacity building accomplished in previous phases and to create a regional emergency response network to ensure greater sustainability, and thoroughly document the experience so that others may also benefit from the work and replicate it as appropriate.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review the Finance budget with the project managers and ensure all records are up to date
- Undertake assigned activities that would seek to enhance the implementation of YEAC Programme
- Overseeing and reviewing works submitted on a financial level
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Developing long-term plans based on these reports
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Liaising with external auditors and tax agents
- Looking into strengthening current internal control and process improvement
- Ensuring that financial protocol is adhered to based on donor standard and requirements
- Job experience in financial management or community development,
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Peach tree
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge in formal and informal settings;
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships with stakeholders;
- Must be flexible in the hours of work;
- Open to travel between different communities and or countries where applicable
- Accountancy or Finance experience ( A Degree would be an asset)
- Economics experience
- Business Studies background
- Management experience
- An analytical mind
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business insight
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data
Key Working Relationships:
- Caritas Coordinator
- YEAC Project Managers
- YEAC Project volunteers and participants
- Caritas Financial and Administrative Coordinators
- Caritas Programme Manager
- Community leaders and members within the project area
- Project point persons from relevant government and non-government agencies such as NEMO, Red Cross, Saint Lucia Fire Service, Saint John’s Association, and school principals, CDEMA
- Banking institutions
If you are interested and meet the qualifications for the position, please send an email with your Cover Letter, and CV to Marcia Haywood, Caritas Antilles Regional Director at email@example.com no later than 16th December 2018.