HRWise - IT Specialist
Helvetica Merchant Bank & Trust is seeking a detailed-oriented effective, and experienced IT Specialist to join their growing team.
The ideal candidate will use their expertise to monitor, and maintain the Bank’s IT systems; focus on specific computer network, database, or systems administration; install, configure, service, repair and maintain information technology systems in both a stand alone and client-server environment; participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Administer network and data security, including directory, group policy, firewalls, antivirus, email security etc
- Prepare estimates for purposes of planning, organizing and scheduling work
- Create, analyse, report, convert, or transfer data, using specialized applications programsoftware
- Coordinate the IT related set-up for SWIFT and maintenance of same
- Work with the GM and Directors in the identification and roll-out of a suitable core software system for the Bank
- Develop new strategies and IT procedures to increase efficiency, enhance workflow and improve customer satisfaction
- Provide IT training to new employees, annual training for all staff in IT Security procedures and other training sessions as required.
Skills & Experience
- Must have experience with IT Infrastructure, Cloud, Severs, Database, DevOps, Monitoring, Remote Access, Backup, Technical Documentation, Data Recovery, Encryption (SSL Enterprise Level), Security, FTP, NAS, Deployment, VPN, VPS, Automation, Log Management, Networking, Virtualization
- BSc in Computer Science or related field
- Industry Certifications (MCSE)
- At least 5 years’ experience working within the IT sector; experience working with the IT systems, networks, processes, security within banks or related institutions in the financial services sector would be an asset
- Supervisory experience would be an asset
- Tech startup management experience would be an asset
- Preference given to candidates with the following: CASP, CEH, CISSP, GSEC, Sec+, Net+, A+, Cloud+, CCNA, CCNP, CCDP, CCDA, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, MTA
- Knowledge of hardware technology and concepts
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple problems simultaneously
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively translate complex concepts to a general audience
- Attention to detail and time management skills
- Analytical, problem-solving and reporting skills
- Goal setting and strategic thinking skills
- Highly motivated, professional and results oriented
- Team oriented
- Proven ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Fluency in Spanish would be an asset.
If you meet these requirements and are looking for an excellent career opportunity, please send your resume, cover letter and certified copies of certificates to email@example.com with the subject “Vacancy - IT Specialist”
Applications should be addressed to The Managing Director, HRWise Inc. and submitted by 19th December, 2018