Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd - Accounts Officer
Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd is inviting suitably qualified persons to join our team in the position of Accounts Officer.
In this role the AO will handle general accounts queries; arrange for the collection of payments; maintain customer receivable accounts; keep records of financial transactions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise the preparation of Salesmen Reconciliations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain the Accounts Receivable sub ledger and manage the collections process.
- Supervise the recovery and minimization of returned cheques.
- Provide assistance to management in the maintenance of spreadsheets and reports, to assist with month end accounts.
- Generate accurate reports and reconciliations in an efficient and timely manner to provide useful information for both operational and financial decision making.
- Reconcile customer accounts for both down trade and key accounts customers.
- Assist in the end of the transactions and closing off of salesmen cash against inventory.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Accountant in processing Accounts Payables/ Accounts Receivables transactions.
- Ensure that the Company’s finances are maintained and balance sheet accounts are accurately reconciled.
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Accounts Supervisor or Accountant/Financial Controller.
Skills and Other Attributes Required:
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work consistently within set deadlines, team player.
- Intermediate level knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel are also required.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Tertiary College Education including an A’ Level pass in Accounting with at least two (2) years’ experience in a computerized Accounting environment or
- An Associate’s Degree in Business or related field with at least two (2) years’ experience in an Accounting position.
- Five CXC’s including Mathematics, English and Principles of Accounts.
- Working towards an Accounting Designation (ACCA, CPA, CGA)
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package which will be influenced by the successful candidate’s qualification, experience and skill.
Please submit a comprehensive CV to email@example.com by Friday 08th February, 2019.