Bay Gardens Resorts - Reservations Agent
Job Title: Reservations Agent
Reports To Reservations Manager
Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records—usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing. Prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications. Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations, and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy. Additional duties may include preparing the list of expected arrivals for the front office, assisting in preregistration activities when appropriate, and processing advance reservation deposits. Knows the types of rooms the hotel has as well as their location and layout. Knows of all hotel package plans—meaning status, rates, and benefits.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, telex, cable, fax, or central reservation systems referral.
- Processes reservations from the sales office, other hotel departments, and travel agents.
- Assist with Bay Gardens online chat, respond in a timely and professional manner
- Know the types of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Knows the selling status, rates, and benefits of all package plans.
- Knows the credit policy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determines room rates based on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Communicates reservation information to the front desk.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel’s policy on guaranteed reservations and no-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue and occupancy forecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival lists for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advance deposit requirements.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed in less than 48 to 24 hours.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Promotes goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and fellow employees.
Ability to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.
Friendly and customer centric.
Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills are essential.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Experience in a similar role is preferred.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 19th February 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.