Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd.
Blue Waters St. Lucia Ltd is inviting suitably qualified persons to join our team in the position of Accounts Officer.
In this role the AO will handle general accounts queries; arrange payment of bills and accounts; check and bank payments; keep records of financial transactions; keep records of costs such as labour and materials.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Generate accurate reports and reconciliations in an efficient and timely manner to provide useful information for both operational and financial decision making.
• Reconcile supplier accounts and as well as maintain Goods-in-Transit (GIT), Duty payable/ Freight accounts and Inventory/ Purchases accounts.
• To assist with the processing of invoices, cheques, and other manual payments in the system and any other accounts payable related transactions.
• Provide assistance to the Assistant Accountant in processing Accounts Payables/ Accounts Receivables transactions.
• Ensure that the Company’s finances are maintained and balance sheet accounts are accurately reconciled.
• Prepare bank reconciliations and update the fixed asset schedule by recording depreciation, disposals and purchases.
• Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Accounts Supervisor or Accountant/Financial Controller.
Skills and Other Attributes Required:
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills, ability to work consistently within set deadlines, team player.
• Intermediate level knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel are also required.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
• Tertiary College Education including an A’ Level pass in Accounting with at least two (2) years’ experience in a computerized Accounting environment or
• An Associate’s Degree in Business or related field with at least two (2) years’ experience in an Accounting position.
• Five CXC’s including Mathematics, English and Principles of Accounts.
• Working towards an Accounting Designation (ACCA, CPA, CGA)
We offer a competitive remuneration and benefit package which will be influenced by the successful candidate’s qualification, experience and skill.
Please submit a comprehensive CV to:
Application deadline: Friday 27th October, 2017.