ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - FINANCIAL REPORTING
Sans Souci, St. Lucia
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT - FINANCIAL REPORTING
To perform general ledger reconciliations, general ledger accounting entries and produce reports which comply with International Financial Reporting Standards and regulatory requirements, for internal and external use.
- Records accrual for certain expenses not recorded in the company’s accounts payable, ensuring accuracy and completeness in order that financial statements correctly reflects the company's financial results and position;
- Reconciles on a monthly basis, specific payable/accrual accounts, by reviewing general ledger entries (recorded for particular accounts) to identify and correct errors and omissions, where necessary, to support the accuracy and completeness of the Company’s reported results;
- Reconciles accounting batches from the Customer Information System programme to the accounting software, by reviewing the systems to identify, investigate and resolve variances, or escalate variances where necessary, to appropriate personnel;
- Reconciles all Customer Information System clearing and suspense accounts, by reviewing transactions in the system to identify and correct errors and omissions and or where necessary, escalate to appropriate personnel;
- Assists with data entry into the accounting system for LUCELEC, its pension plans and subsidiary companies, applying International Financial Reporting Standards to facilitate the analysis of business operations and informed decision making;
- Assists with accounting for the Company’s pension plans by garnering information from the relevant accounting records to enable the preparation of accurate and complete financial statements and to provide correct information to trustees;
- Assists with the accounting for LUCELEC’s subsidiary companies by garnering information from the Company’s accounting records and other relevant sources to enter into the subsidiary company's records, on a monthly basis, to facilitate preparation of accurate and complete financial statements;
- Produces sales and other reports and information relating to management accounts, as may be required from time to time by management to facilitate informed decision making;
- Remains current in knowledge of financial regulations and accepted practices; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations to aid in the effective performance of the financial reporting function;
- Performs any other job-related duties as may be assigned.
QUALFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
Associate Degree in Accounting or related field or Certified Accounting Technician qualification or equivalent plus three (3) years’ relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Sound knowledge of accrual accounting, account reconciliation and relevant International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Broad knowledge of, and ability to interpret Company policies and standard operating procedures
- Broad job knowledge and/or technical expertise relevant to the job, and quality of advice provided;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Sound understanding of accounting procedures;
- Ability to interpret, extract and analyze financial information;
- Strong organization and problem solving skills;
- Ability to analyze and prepare accounting schedules and reports;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong team player with effective interpersonal skills and a high level of emotional intelligence;
- Strong computer literacy skills and the ability to manipulate software applications, such as, word processing and spread sheets;
- Ability to take initiative, successfully handle and prioritize competing priorities, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Ability to integrate Company core values throughout all business practices;
- Ability to effectively develop and maintain relationships with management, staff, and stakeholders at all levels.
If, after reading the above, you believe that you are the ideal candidate, we would like to hear from you. Please submit your application by sending a cover letter and resume addressed to our Senior Human Resources Manager on our career portal at lucelec.catsone.com/careers by Friday, December 18, 2020.
Deadline for receipt of applications—4:30pm Friday, December 18, 2020