Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
About the job
Contingent upon the USAID award, World Education, Inc. (WEI) seeks a qualified Finance and Operations manager for an upcoming USAID-funded ConnectEd program in St. Lucia. This program will use a positive youth development approach to improve upper primary and secondary digital literacy for teachers and students while helping youth build sought after skills in today’s job market.
Based in St. Lucia, the Finance and Operations manager will oversee the country project finances and subgrants; review and update budgets; process advances and liquidations; and produce financial reports. S/he will also coordinate logistics of in-country activities, assist the Project Director in managing human resources and serve as office manager of WEI St. Lucia.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct the preparation and negotiation of project budgets and modifications, coordinating with World Education home office backstopping team as appropriate
- Supervise local financial and administrative staff and serve as the point person for World Education related financial queries, coordinating all correspondence regarding wiring of cash, payments and other financial matters
- Manage, monitor, and update project budget and obligated funds; review and analyze variations and share with home office backstopping team
- Ensure all program activities are compliant with USAID procedures and regulations
- Assist the Project Director in managing human resources in St. Lucia
- Manage WEI office in St. Lucia
- Prepare financial reports in accordance to World Education and USAID guidelines
- Oversee procurement of equipment and commodities
- Must be committed to the positive development of youth
- A Masters’ degree in finance, business management, or a related field is required, or Bachelors’ degree with CPA, ACCA or similar qualification.
- Minimum of 5 years of management and/or direct experience in large, complex projects involving multiple partners
- Extensive experience working in Saint Lucia or the broader Caribbean region
- Experience managing and supervising host country program staff
- Experience effectively communicating with host country government officials
- Experience managing administrative resources for complex projects
- Strong financial, administrative and accounting skills
- Experience working with US Government-funded projects is a plus
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills in English are required
- St. Lucia nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
About World Education:
World Education is a leader in building the skills, knowledge and resources of local groups so they can accomplish their missions effectively. Founded in 1951 to meet the needs of the educationally disadvantaged, World Education has worked in over 50 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America, as well as in the United States. Working in concert with private, public, and nongovernmental organizations, World Education initiatives support effective local management and promote partnerships between local organizations.
Please Click The Link Below To Apply