Creative Associates International - Driver
Position Location: Saint Lucia
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 15 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The USAID Community, Family and Youth Resilience (CFYR) program offers a public health model approach to violence prevention, using primary, secondary, and tertiary prevention interventions, along with law enforcement to reduce the rate of juvenile offenders in target countries, place youth leaving the juvenile justice system in diversion programs, improve the skills of the workforce, and provide specialized services to youth at the highest risk of engaging in violence, among others. The program operates in Saint Lucia, St. Kitts and Nevis and Guyana.
Position Summary and Reporting:
A driver provides transportation support to program staff. The incumbent maintains program vehicles, cleans and follow up on vehicle services timeframe for the wellbeing of the motor vehicles. The incumbent will be responsible for safety of program staff and motor vehicles at all times and adheres to Creative and USAID Policies on managing motor vehicles and travel rules.
This position reports to the Office Administrator for day to day functions including duties assigned. Performance evaluation would be managed by Operations Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Driver will assist the Program in transporting its staff on time from one location to another on official duty and will collection and deliver official materials.
- Drive vehicle for authorized personnel, staff and/or visitors as required for day-to-day business or on longer journeys around the country.
- May meet official personnel at the airport and help facilitate immigration and customs formalities when and if required.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle including checking the oil, radiator water, fuel, battery, brakes, tire air pressure, windscreen washer, lights, turn signals, brake lights, etc. on daily basis. Will be responsible for performing minor repairs and arranging for other repairs;
- Checks safety of the vehicle to ensure road worthiness on daily basis and that every morning the vehicle is clean and ready for travelling (full fuel tanks etc.).
- Attend safety related and other trainings when required.
- Reports periodic servicing needs of the vehicle in advance to ensure its proper handling. Ensures that the vehicle is clean all the time.
- Ensure any repairs are carried out as necessary in a timely manner. Establish and carry out regular maintenance schedule for the vehicle in keeping with manufacturer’s requirements.
- Maintain records of major repair/ maintenance works on the vehicle, e.g. replacement of major parts, tires, batteries, body spraying, etc.
- Ensure vehicle is kept well-fueled in case of emergency or unforeseen events.
- Ensure vehicle is properly parked.
- Ensure that all necessary legal documentation and permits (both for vehicle and self) are carried.
- Ensure that the vehicle is fully equipped with essential emergency equipment including first aid kit, mobile telephone, alarm, torch, spare fuel can (metal), toolbox.
- Update the log book of vehicle use for each trip for proper recording of mileage.
- Ensure safe keeping of vehicle accessories e.g. jack, first aid kit, etc.
- Ensure that all immediate actions required by rules and regulations are taken in case of involvement in an accident.
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing seat belts prior to vehicle moving.
- Ensure that doors are locked prior to vehicle moving.
- This role may require shift work on a regular basis.
- Any other duty as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- The driver must have working knowledge of the rules and regulations involved in the safe and efficient operation of driving a company vehicle.
- The driver should have knowledge of basic automotive maintenance procedures and of the safe and legal operation of a commercial motor vehicle.
- Driver must have valid and clean Saint Lucia driver’s license minimum Class B/B1 & working knowledge of road traffic laws and regulations of the country.
- High school education preferred
- At least one year of general work experience plus five (5) years’ work experience as a driver, with a clean and safe driving record
- Proven qualifications in safe driving – Defensive Driving course for example
- Good command of English
- Good knowledge of road network and location of communities
- Working knowledge of mobile phone and relevant apps.
Citizens of OECS member states are strongly encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates should email their application letter and CV with Driver in the subject line to: Employment@crea-cfyr.com
Deadline: 5 June 2018.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.