Water and Sewerage Company Inc - Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
JOB TITLE: Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Support Services Manager Position Objective: To manage the installation, maintaining and repairing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems throughout the organization.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of air conditioners.
- Ventilate equipment and controls making sure they operate efficiently and continuously.
- Perform regular maintenance work on cooling units.
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical defects and malfunctions.
- Install, replace, or repair equipment that has been damaged.
- Make adjustment and do calibrations of thermostatic controls.
- Inspect and maintain refrigerators and chilled water supply systems.
- Clean blowers and coils, check tensions of belts and motors.
- Coordinate the plans and designs of new air-conditioning systems including their installation and maintenance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in places where they are exposed to dust, fumes, noise, toxic materials and high voltage equipment.
- Ability to work in confined and hot spaces like roofs, crawl ways and attics.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, bend, stoop, kneel or stand for long stretches of time.
- Excellent written, oral communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with ease.
- Ability to work as a team.
Qualifications & Experience:
Associate Degree in refrigeration and air conditioning from Sir Arthur Lewis Community College with at least two (2) years of relevant experience
A Diploma/Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning with at least four (4) years of relevant experience.
The deadline for submission of applications is 15 December, 2017 and should be addressed to:
Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company Inc L’Anse Road P.O. Box 1481. Castries
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted