WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC - Operative 4
JOB TITLE: Operative 4
DEPARTMENT: Water Services
Senior Distribution/Technician Position Objective: To maintain the distribution network and all appurtenances. To ensure an adequate and reliable water supply to all customers.
- Repair trunk mains, service lines and all associated appurtenances including reservoirs, pump stations and grounds;
- Operate distribution booster pumps on the Network;
- Preparation of preventative maintenance programs along with Superintendant for network, appurtenances, reservoir, booster pump stations and implementation of the same;
- Plan and organize daily and weekly work schedules and implementation of the same;
- Accountable for the upkeep and safety of all equipment and tools assigned to crew;
- Completion and reporting daily reports received each day;
- Investigate complaints e.g. no water, damage to property by burst lines, mains and service lines relocation, illegal connections, badly laid water pipe, relocation of appurtenances and other water pipe fittings;
- Installation of pipe and fitting to WASCO’s standards;
- Coding correctly all requisition forms for fittings, pipes, tools, equipment, allowances, etc.
- Liaise with outside contractors on location of network, valving assistance, service lines to be used for service connections;
- Co-ordinate and ensure safety of all work and personnel in the absence of a senior personnel on all assigned work sites;
- Ensure crew safety at all times on the job;
- Preparation of estimates along with supervisor and or senior personnel for new installations, upgrading, extending, and maintenance of network/distribution system;
- Assist in the preparation of section budget;
- Drive crews to and from worksite;
- Any other job related duties as directed by your Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Supervisory skills
- Installation of various appurtenances;
- Ability to read (design) drawings;
- Knowledge of appurtenances and network
Qualifications & Experience:
- Building Services Certificate from SALCC or other recognized institution.
- Certificate in Plumbing.
- Three (3) years experience in a similar field.
- Drivers’ License;
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday March 2 nd, 2018 and should be addressed to:
Attention: Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company Inc. L’Anse Road P O Box 1481, Castries
OR Email: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.