Voice Newspaper - Intern
The Voice Newspaper is looking for a prolific news intern to join our news & web team. This opportunity will span the period July 15 to August 15, 2019. We are looking for students, or past students between the ages of 18 - 22 who are interested in learning the ropes and working with a vibrant and passionate news team.
This is an opportunity to experience working in a professional environment with experienced writers.
You will also have a chance to research; attend events, and write short and long-form pieces on a variety of topics for print and online. Other aspects of this role include:
- Proofreading and making revisions on copy based feedback
- Working with the social media team to develop ideas and execute
- Developing communication skills by working with a team to review work and give feedback
- Contributing creative concepts
- 300 word expression of interest (why you should be selected, and what you hope t learn and contribute)
- Two of your best samples of written work. (e.g. student newspaper, freelance) is preferred or student work (essay)
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with WordPress a plus
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as past of a team
- Strong attention to detail
The internship opportunity is an excellent opportunity for students to gain real world experience to add to their resume while developing a deeper understanding of the world of media. We look forward to receiving your submission!
Please sent you application to email@example.com