Villa C’est la Vie - Chef (Part-time)
Villa C’est la Vie is looking for a capable and creative part-time Chef to help with the organization and running of food and beverage operations of the villa.
The ideal candidate must be a hard-working professional with the ability to produce breakfasts, lunches and evening meals.
Casa Lucia – C’est la Vie – Chef
Report to: Villa Manager
- Prepare Guests' orders according to their preferences
- Keep up with trends in cooking to ensure guests have a positive experience
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Employ the best food safety practices and act with appropriate caution in a dangerous environment where there are knives and high-temperature surfaces
- Ensure food preparation areas and kitchen are cleaned and sanitized at the end of the shift.
- Maintain accurate food inventories
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Attentive to detail
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Must be able to work alone and as part of a team OR within a team
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
Qualifications & Experience
- High school diploma/ GED. (Culinary school diploma preferred)
- Two years’ experience as a Chef
- Strong knowledge of proper food handling procedures.
- Extensive food and wine knowledge and creativity
- Knowledge of purchasing, ordering, food costing and inventory procedures
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a benefit package that will be influenced by the successful candidate’s qualifications, experience and competence
If you have restaurant industry experience and a passion for food prep and strong customer service, please submit your application and resume on or before July 27th, 2018 to:
Post of Villa Chef “C’est la Vie” Trouya Pointe, Gros Islet P.O. Box GM848
Or emailed to: email@example.com