We are a leading youth development NGO looking for skilled programme managers and youth mentors/coordinators and sports coaches in the Dennery and Castries basins. We are offering contracts for a fresh gender awareness programme, possibly three to five day a week, 4 hours per day.
Duties include: Project Manager must have significant management experience and be prepared to lead and manage a programme team of 12. Project manager will be responsible for delivering our gender awareness programme and assisting on other projects in a timely and effective manner within budget and scope. The project manager should be able to demonstrate an excellent work ethic with a background managing programmes including life skills, budgeting and analysis.
Our new project manager will be skilled at getting the best out of our young mentors. This person will thrive when planning projects and working with project teams.
- Coordinate internal resources and partnership activities with flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Help develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management regularly using, Microsoft Office and other programme software as needed
- Manage the relationship with the participants and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with our partners
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation Requirements
- Strong educational background, preferably in the fields of youth development, sport and or gender awareness
- Proven experience as a project administrator
- Excellent people skills and and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Youth coordinators should be inclusive and open. They must be willing to help coordinate internal resources and ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget. They will be comfortable;
- Assisting with the implementation of an after school programme.
- Helping organize all homework, training and support plans for the programme and associated activities.
- Getting to know all participants, staff, coaches, mentors and school personnel in the programme.
- Working with programme staff and affiliates, school and organisations in Soufriere or where directed to assist with the effective management and running of all and associated youth programme activities.
- Ensure that all tasks of the programme are clearly outlined and communicated.
- Help supervise and organize other staff and volunteers, including their paperwork and programme preparation.
- Be a role model at all times for local youth and refrain from any activity that could bring the programme into disrepute.
- Secure all equipment left in your charge.
- Attend all programme meetings. Prepare detailed weekly reports on all activities and participate fully in all M&E activities.
- Help deliver educational workshops as directed by the NGO