A newly start up academy is seeking suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the post of Student Support Officer/Admin Assistant.
This role will provide professional customer-focused frontline support service to students which includes guidance and information with a view of promoting the well- being of student life at the academy. The support officer should provide support to students to improve learning and success achievements and administrative duties in office. The candidate should have a ‘can do’ attitude and be able to work with students from diverse backgrounds and different cultures.
- Establish and maintain key relationships with business areas and external vendors to ensure resources reflect the needs of course delivery
- Provide administrative duties and handling confidential information sensitively to facilitate effective support of students via numerous channels
- Engage with administrator regarding opportunities for system or process improvements
- Conducts accounts receivables/payables
- Prepares reports, statistical data and spreadsheets for planning and reporting purposes
- Providing a high level of administrative advise, professional support as well as responsibilities for any allocated activities assigned by administrator
- Assisting with enrolling students and processing applications
- Informing students of course requirements and timetables
- Providing class list/documentation for trainers
- Collect and review feedback from students by appropriate means as part of the academy’s quality improvement plan
- Participate in induction/orientation programs for students
- Ability to work independently
- Motivated individual with strong teamwork skills and high levels of professionalism
- Strong communicator who both learns and adapts to systems and processes in an efficient and timely manner
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Diploma/Associate Degree in Business Administration or Secretarial studies
- Demonstrated Administration/customer service experience for at least two years
- Experience working within the education sector is advantageous, however not essential
- Interest or experience in sales would be an asset
Deadline to submit all applications is September 26th, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Applications received after this time will not be acknowledged. Please note that only applicants who have been shortlisted will be contacted. Interested persons should send their applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with two references and copies of certificates.