Reports To: Food & Beverage Director
To maintain company standards in food production and manage the performance of kitchen personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities Include
• Ensure all food menus are available with quality ingredients.
• Ensure that all kitchen personnel are groomed as per company standards and in accordance to HACCP requirements.
• Ensure that all kitchen equipment is in working order and liaise with Maintenance Manager if there is any ma functioning.
• Ensure that standard recipes are followed for all dishes and dish specification met by all cooks during service.
• Ensure that the kitchen is maintained in a hygienic condition at all times.
• Ensure that all kitchen staff are trained and follow HACCP manual of the resort at all times.
• All required documents must be completed on a daily basis and checked by the Sous Chef.
• Conduct daily shift briefings before each meal period and ensure all staff are knowledgeable of food menu and standard practices.
• Lead by example on the floor through good working habits and practices.
• Ensure all guest orders get number one priority and liaise with the Restaurant Manager in achieving the company objective.
• The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that the buffets are well maintained at all times, labels are correctly placed and in neat condition, replenishing or redressing of all dishes in a timely manner to maintain a quality buffet.
• The Sous Chef is in responsible for scheduling staff for kitchen and stewarding team members on a fortnightly basis in accordance to manning guide.
• Responsible for stewarding staff issues, cleaning schedules and cleaning supplies.
• Responsible for daily food requisitions and safe keeping of all food items.
• Assist the senior chefs in training and developing culinary standards on a regular basis.
• Assist the Food & Beverage Director with conducting monthly inventory of food stores, operating equipment and kitchen supplies.
• Any other task assigned during the working hours relating to food production areas.
• Extensive Food and Beverage Knowledge, Strong Organizational Skills, Attention to Detail, Positivity, Ability to Work Under Pressure, Self-Motivated, Creative Problem-Solving Skills, Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills, Exceptional Customer-Service Skills, Strong leadership skills to motivate your brigade of chefs, First- Rate culinary skills, Familiarity with menu costing procedures.
• High school graduate or equivalent and a foundation Degree in Culinary Arts would be an asset.
• Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within the kitchen of a high-volume, full-service restaurant is required.
Applications may be sent to:
Application deadline: Tuesday 14th November 2017.
Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.