Saint Lucia Tourism Authority - Public Relations Manager
VACANCY NOTICE – PUBLIC RELATIONS MANAGER
The Saint Lucia Tourism Authority invites applicants for the position of Public Relations Manager based in Saint Lucia. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer. The incumbent is responsible for managing the PR Agencies and coordinating the PR effort of Saint Lucia in its main tourist generating markets. He/She is to highlight the activities of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority with an effective Public Relations strategy, which will assist in creating a positive public image of the destination and the Authority within the local public and the international markets. The specific duties for this position are outlined below:
- To participate in the strategic planning of the organizations work plans, programs and budgets.
- To prepare and execute annual and quarterly work plans - approvals obtained prior to implementation
- To prepare monthly PR and financial reports for submission the 1st week of every month
- To manage the PR Department and ensure its delivery of established objectives and targets.
- To maintain a current database of local and regional press, as well as international press who have visited the island.
- To maintain a contact list of relevant industry partners including hotels, PR Representatives in each source market.
- To service Media enquiries including maintaining an adequate supply of press information and kits.
- To generate and curate content on an ongoing basis on the products, services, offers, events and promotions
- To develop and maintain a destination photography and videography library though an online portal.
- To manage and coordinate the use of the global press database to disseminate, monitor and analyze information posted online in both mainstream and social media. Build media contacts to assist with press outreach.
- To disseminate content through press releases, digital platforms, and other trade and consumer media
- To stimulate interest in Saint Lucia by foreign press through information dissemination, pitching of stories, press trip facilitation and ongoing engagement and incentives.
- To develop and be responsible for Crisis Communication Plan.
- To prepare and distribute regular newsletters, press releases and articles to the local and regional media on the work of the Authority.
- To monitor local and regional media, analyze and report on issues. Provide management with counsel on media responses and media relations.
- To organize press trips, interviews, conferences and press launches.
- To draft speeches and statements on behalf of the CEO, Chairperson and Minister as and when required.
- To provide support to the overseas PR agencies/Consultants and disseminate information to the Authority’s Overseas Offices.
- To generally assist in the work of the Saint Lucia Tourism Authority and undertake other duties which may be required from time to time as assigned by the Head of Department or CEO.
- Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or Related field.
- Minimum of 5 years diverse experience in PR, Communications, Media
- Intimate knowledge of Saint Lucia’s tourism product and tourism public relations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Instagram etc.)
- Excellent Public Speaking & Sales Presentation skills. Proficient with database software tools.
- Demonstrated relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Abreast with market trends and innovations as well as new approaches to PR and Journalism.
APPLICATIONS ARE INVITED FROM SUITABLE QUALIFIED CANDIDATES BY SUBMITTING YOUR RESUME WITH AT LEAST TWO REFERENCES ADDRESSED TO CHIEF CORPORATE OFFICER, SAINT LUCIA TOURISM AUTHORITY, P.O. BOX 221, CASTRIES, SAINT LUCIA AND SUBMITTED VIA EMAIL AT JOBAPPLICATIONS@STLUCIA.ORG BY 25TH FEBRUARY 2020.