Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards – Director
- A degree in a field of science plus a post-graduate degree in management or related discipline or a post-graduate degree in a scientific field with specialized training in management; A degree in management or related discipline with post graduate science training will be considered;
- A minimum of five years experience at the senior management level
- Successful track record in management and programme development and/or project management
- Knowledge of local, regional and international trade related matters associated with services and products
- Proven analytical, organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills for effective communications and interface with internal and external stakeholders
- An understanding of standardization will be considered an asset
- To direct, control, plan and organize the affairs of the Bureau, with a view to advancing the mission of the SLBS including effective implementation of its work programmes at the national level
- To develop strategies and programmes that would allow the Bureau to fulfill its mandate under the Standards Act Chapter 13.25 and the Metrology Act Chapter 13.18 of the revised laws of st. Lucia, for the purpose of the development of the economy and the protection of the health and safety of consumers and the environment.
- To co-ordinate the development of an appropriate strategy for the establishment of an effective National Quality Infrastructure
- To develop and implement strategies to increase Saint Lucia’s participation in regional and international standards development
- To be responsible for sourcing the necessary funding for the implementation of the work programmes of the institution
- To develop strategies and programmes for increasing the awareness of the importance of standardization at both the levels of policy makers and the general public
- To review the programmes of the Bureau and its performance against set targets and to recommend to Council strategies and adjustments for enhancing the effectiveness of the Bureau
Reports to The Chairman – Standards Council
Remuneration and Conditions of Service
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Method of Application
Application letters along with full curriculum vitae plus two (2) references are to be submitted to the attention of:
The Chairman Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards Bisee Industrial Estate Box CP 5412, Castries REF: EXE2017
Deadline for Submission of Applications: September 29th, 2017
Please note that only applications under consideration will be acknowledged.