Renwick & Company Ltd - Agriculture Field Officer
Job Title: Agriculture Field Officer
Renwick & Company Ltd is seeking a self motivated and ambitious individual who will achieve maximum volume distribution and sales in the Garden Centre Division. (i.e. overall and product sales targets) through means of periodic farm visits, daily interaction with farmers and providing recommendations to farmers and stakeholders, all geared towards the achievement of RENCO Mission, Vision and Major Targets.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Jointly develop with the Manager, sales budgets and targets for each agricultural product and assist in the achievement of sales targets.
- Demonstrate and engage farmers in trials using company products.
- Assist suppliers and principals in planning and hosting technical training meetings.
Maintain close liaison with key players in the agricultural industry regarding:
- Promotional activities of competitors in the agricultural industry.
- The monitoring of inventory levels of all products supplied by the company.
- Provide updated information on new products introductions into the local market.
- Offer technical assistance to the island’s farmers, and other players in the agricultural industry as required.
- Continuously monitor the physical condition of all the company’s products in the market-place to ensure that these products are at all times in good condition and properly displayed in keeping with the standards established by the company and our suppliers.
- Carry out product stewardship activities organized by the company.
- Prepare jointly with Garden Centre Manager and/or supplier representatives a monthly schedule of activities that will be executed.
- Assist in conducting technical training and provide support to Garden Centre staff and local distributors as required.
- Continually advise users on the safe and proper application of all the company’s products.
- Identify potential business opportunities.
- Create and maintain a customer database as per established company standards.
- Protect and defend the company’s interest at all times by maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity in all of your interactions with customers and suppliers.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough knowledge, both technical and commercial on all products available in our portfolio.
- Associates degree in agricultural science
- CXC mathematics, English, and agricultural science.
- At least 3 years hands on experience in pesticides management and application techniques
- Sales experience an asset.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must possess and maintain a cellular phone.
- Must own a personal road worthy vehicle
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, mature, flexible.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant disposition when dealing with customers.
- Ability to sell , cross sell and up sell company products.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills
- Ability to establish credibility but be able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences and priorities.
- Results oriented, but have sound judgment
- Service oriented, but assertive/persuasive.
- Sound character, honesty and integrity.
- Suitable conduct and a neat and professional appearance.
All interested persons are required to submit an application to Human Resource Department on or before Wednesday September 2, 2020
Please complete and deliver applications to the HR Department or email to email@example.com.