Real Foods Inc - Maintenance Technician
Primary Responsibility: To effectively contribute to the maintenance of the properties and equipment of the organization by carrying out inspections where necessary and performing preventative and corrective maintenance duties as required ensuring that all safety measures are taken.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform work according to standard procedures and by Restaurant operational schedule
- Report work accomplished using the established recording mechanisms, processes and procedures
- Provide written and oral reports and recommendations in relation to jobs performed
- Effectively implement cost cut measures during duties
- Maintain inventory of repair equipment and supplies
- Respond quickly in the event of an emergency, notify appropriate personnel and follow safety protocol
- Receive and respond to reports of mechanical or maintenance issues in the various restaurants
- Receive oral or written orders from Managers, Facilities Officer, Restaurant Managers, Supervisors and Team Members
- Install or replace existing or new appliances and equipment
- Install software for the purpose of upgrading restaurant equipment
- Review and program restaurant equipment
- Carry out Routine Servicing of Restaurant, Refrigerating and Air Condition equipment
- Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues
- Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
- Collaborate with workers
- Report to the Properties Officer for issues
- Use hand tools and power tools in making minor maintenance repairs and maintaining restaurant equipment
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
- Perform minor building, HVAC, plumbing, electrical and repairs as necessary
- Communicate with Facilitates/ Maintenance Department about any work that requires outside expert assistance
- Overseeing contractors when professional repairs are necessary
- Record data and temperatures as required per equipment and locations
- Carry out inspections for water tank, water filters, and water pumps
- Carry out inspections of Generators so as ensuring their operations are up to date
- Carry out inspections for Fire Alarm and Fire Protection Equipment ensuring that their operations are to date
- Read and understand as built, Schematic and operating manuals, for the purpose of solving problems
- Uses brooms, mops, and floor equipment to sweep, mop, and clean work areas
- Picks up and delivers supplies and materials due to purchasing
- Maintain assigned vehicles and tools
- Any other duties related to the position as assigned
- Associates Degree or training in a professional/ specialized area as Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Three to Six (3-6) years of experience working in a similar role
- Computer literate- competent in the use of identified software with the ability to learn new applications
Skills: Mechanical Aptitude:
- Proficiency required in mechanics (gears, bearings, pulleys, belts, etc.), pneumatics and hydraulics in order to effectively troubleshoot equipment problems in a timely manner with minimal supervision. Practical knowledge in the use of precision measuring devices such as micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc. and the ability to safely operate shop tools such as cutoff saws, drill press, bench grinder, hydraulic press, vertical band saw, arc welders, acetylene torch and various other hand tools is essential.
- Position requires electrical knowledge. Candidate shall be capable of using a digital multi-meter to detect the presence of voltage, identify faulty wiring, blown fuses, faulty switches, terminal ends, circuit boards, breakers and photoelectric controls. Must be able to troubleshoot simple circuits, three-phase power systems, AC/DC drives, PLC’s and servo drive systems. Must be able to perform installation of conduit runs, disconnects, fuse boxes, relays, motor controls, motors and brushes.
- Visionary and credible, an exemplary example for others to follow and principled in approach. Delegates appropriately, provides avenues for development and recognizes effort. Is risk agile, seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Meticulously analyses or reviews information and completeness.
- Seeks first to understand by effectively listening to others, asks relevant questions for clarification and respond appropriately, both verbally and in writing.
- Valid Driver’s License
Compensation and Benefits: We offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package which will be influenced by the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills and abilities. All interested persons are required to apply on or before Thursday 4th October, 2018.
Applications with resumes must be submitted to:
The Human Resource Manager Real Foods Inc. P.O. Box RB2763 Email: email@example.com