Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) - Pharmacist
ABOUT PETER AND COMPANY DISTRIBUTION
Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Caribbean Distribution Partners Ltd a 50/50 joint venture between Agostini Limited and Goddard’s Enterprises Ltd (GEL). Peter & Company Distribution is St Lucia’s premier distributor of top quality regional and international brands. The company has three core business units. The Food, Household, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Division and the Wines, Spirits, Tobacco and Brewery Division. The company also owns retail stores including Wet and Cold Express, PCD Food Mart and House of Wines and Spirits.
JOB TITLE: Pharmacist
LOCATION: St Lucia
To dispense prescription medication and other pharmaceutical products to relevant users prescribed by an authorized Medical, Dental or Veterinary Practitioner; to provide information to multidisciplinary health care personnel on medication usage, drug interactions; to ensure compliance with all pharmaceutical regulations.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Dispenses prescribed medication, drugs and other pharmaceuticals for customers including hospitals, pharmacies, health centers and retail customers.
- Reviews prescriptions issued by Physicians or other authorized prescriber to ensure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Answers questions and provides information to pharmacy customers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances, and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Ensures that written SOPs and other company policies are developed and enforced.
- Responsible for the management and storage of inventory to ensure stock rotation and availability.
- Creates effective organization and information gathering for all inventory regarding special patient orders.
- Tracks various sales metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Regularly trains staff according to company guidelines, conducts performance reviews, and establishes performance improvement plans.
- Monitors and maintains controlled inventories of medication in the dispensing areas.
- Assists in conducting inventory audits in accordance with company guidelines to ensure there is no diversion of inventory, and effectively respond to discrepancies.
- Prepares and effectively leads inspectors through planned or unannounced inspections.
- Keeps abreast of industry and regulatory trends and makes same known to Management in order to take action to stay current and adhere to changing laws and requirements or market shifts and demands.
- Maintain records for all necessary documents: delivery and inventory manifests, inventory counts, necessary employee and patient/customer information, log books, inventory adjustments and destruction reports.
- Ensures compliance with all Pharmaceutical rules and regulations.
- Accompanies the Medical Representative on visits to Doctors Offices. Hospitals and Clinics or conducts same independently without the Medical Representative.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Must be a registered Pharmacist with a Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience of pharmacy practice.
- Must own and maintain a roadworthy vehicle.
- You will be required to work indoors as well as to travel throughout the island.
- You will be expected to work within a warehousing environment where stock is kept.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed resume and cover letter, including certified copies of academic certificates, quoting the job title as the subject to reach us no later than 30th April, 2019 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Peter and Company Distribution
Peter and Company Distribution
We thank all applicants for their interest in advance. Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged.