Excellent Stores St. Lucia - Logistics Assistant
TITLE: Logistics Assistant
REPORTS TO: Logistics Manager
LOCATION: Rodney Bay, St. Lucia
TYPE: Full Time
The Logistics Assistant is responsible for managing the logistics of importation and buying for the organization. The incumbent is required to work closely with the Managing Director and will be privy to confidential information.
- Work with the Logistics Manager in the preparation of customs documentation and Caricom invoices for both Trinidad and St. Lucia.
- Ensure all invoices are completed and filed correctly.
- Liaise with Customs brokers to ensure shipments are cleared on time.
- Assist with the delivery of containers.
- Prepare reports as required for the Logistics Manager.
- Work with the Logistics Manager to maintain the importation logistics spreadsheet, detailing VAT, duties payments; reconciling against Broker information, etc.
- File purchase orders; monitor the progress of goods ordered.
- Provide general administrative support including photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, etc.
- Assist in the preparation, modification and proof reading of documents and correspondence.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Logistics Manager.
- Diploma in Business Management or related field.
- Five O’ Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working in the field of Logistics.
- Technical savvy- advanced skills in MS Office applications, including Excel and Power point.
- Experience in processing logistics from China, USA and Panama will be an asset
- Experience in handling Caricom Invoices and shipping documentation.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to interact with other business units and other members of the team in a professional and effective manner.
- Ability to prioritize and meet strict deadlines.
- Able to work under pressure whilst remaining adaptable and flexible.
- Superior verbal, editing, and written communication skills.
- Ability to interpret large volumes of data.
- Able to multi-task and ensure all tasks are completed within given timeframes.
- Sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate confidentiality, tact, diplomacy, and professionalism at all times.
Interested persons please forward resume to: email@example.com
Subject: St. Lucia - Logistics Assistant
Call us at +1 868 225-1010 Ext. 2126/2106
Fax#- +1 868 671-2070