Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) - Pharmaceutical Business Manager
ABOUT PETER AND COMPANY DISTRIBUTION
Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Caribbean Distribution Partners Ltd a 50/50 joint venture between Agostini Limited and Goddard’s Enterprises Ltd (GEL). Peter & Company Distribution is St Lucia’s premier distributor of top quality regional and international brands. The company has three core business units: The Food, Household, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Division and the Wines, Spirits, Tobacco and Brewery Division. The company also owns retail stores including Wet and Cold Express, PCD Food Mart and House of Wines and Spirits.
JOB TITLE: Pharmaceutical Business Manager
LOCATION: St Lucia
- The Pharmaceutical Business Manager will provide direction and leadership to the pharmaceutical team and manages the development and implementation of strategy, identifies business opportunities, and implements plans to grow the business whilst ensuring the maintenance of safe, timely, efficient effective systems for the procurement and storage of pharmaceutical products.
- Responsibilities will include pharmacist oversight, medication safety/quality, and customer service, budgeting, planning, human resource management for professional and technical staff.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of long-term strategic plans for pharmacy services accounting for both national and local drivers for change.
- Builds deep understanding of the competitive environment, industry trends and the evolution of the health care system and the impact of these factors on the customer.
- Crafts rigorous and innovative strategic plans, and implements plans efficiently and effectively over a time period.
- Secures and grows existing accounts to meet business goals while developing a pipeline of new accounts to build the business.
- Ensures that systems are in in place for efficient and effective procurement of pharmaceuticals and the safe storage of medicines and related physical assets in accordance with associated legislation and internal processes.
- Responsible for the management of human resources including recruitment, performance management, discipline and grievance management.
- Ensures compliance and holds team accountable to practice and quality standards of the department and Company.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are developed and implemented according to organizational, and legal requirements and guidelines.
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships as needed.
- Directs the pharmaceutical operations to ensure alignment with the mission, values and objectives of the company.
- Maintains and fosters a culture that embraces change and innovation with a positive attitude.
- Manages the operations of the department within budget, drives sales, improves margin/profitability and reduces expenses.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University Degree in Business Management with proven ability and motivation to learn medical and business related information.
- At least 2 years of experience in pharmaceutical sales
- At least 5 years’ experience managing a team
- Expert knowledge of pharmaceutical and medicines related legislation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed resume and cover letter, including certified copies of academic certificates, quoting the job title as the subject to reach us no later than 30th April, 2019 to:
The Human Resource Manager
Peter and Company Distribution
Peter and Company Distribution