Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) - Down-trade Sales Representative/Driver
ABOUT PETER AND COMPANY DISTRIBUTION
Peter and Company Distribution Limited (PCD) is a 100% wholly owned subsidiary of Caribbean Distribution Partners Ltd a 50/50 joint venture between Agostini Limited and Goddard’s Enterprises Ltd (GEL). Peter & Company Distribution is St Lucia’s premier distributor of top quality regional and international brands. The company has three core business units: The Food, Household, Pharmaceutical and Consumer Division and the Wines, Spirits, Tobacco and Brewery Division. The company also owns retail stores including Wet and Cold Express, PCD Food Mart and House of Wines and Spirits.
JOB TITLE: Down-trade Sales Representative/Driver
DIVISION: Sales and Marketing
LOCATION: St Lucia
- To maximize sales and distribution of company food or beverage products in the small shops and minimart sector by visiting customers along a specific route, and ensuring maximum visibility to the satisfaction of all stakeholders.
- Maintaining positive business relationships to ensure future sales.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Achieves 100% hit rate on assigned daily sales route.
- Identifies new accounts along the assigned route weekly and potential for new products.
- Exceeds budgeted monthly sales goals and targets.
- Acquires product knowledge, pricing, features, attributes and benefits of assigned product portfolio in order to confidently present products to customers.
- Reports competitive activity such as new products, prices and promotions weekly to manager.
- Establishes, develops and maintains positive business and customer relationships.
- Ensures proper rotation of stock on van to avoid expired product and customer complaints.
- Assists in van stock reconciliation process at end of day sales.
- Loads goods into the vehicle in a safe and systematic manner.
- Follows and adopts safety standards while transporting goods.
- Processes orders and collects payments from customers at the time of delivery of the goods.
- Ensures that the vehicle is in good condition.
- Adheres to assigned routes and schedules.
- Provides excellent customer service, responds to customer complaints and queries in a professional manner.
- Operates goods vehicles, drives safely (when required) and follows all laws and rules of driving to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
- Tertiary level education OR Five (5) CXC’s including Mathematics and English.
- Prior experience in sales.
- Cash management skills and ability to maintain payment records.
- A valid driver’s license with endorsements for light goods
- A clean driving record.
- Ability to work flexible hours when required.
- Knowledge of the island’s geographic areas.
- Fit physical condition with an ability to drive, walk, lift and carry heavy items for extended periods.
- Ability to operate delivery equipment including handheld device.
- Knowledge of safety procedures for goods loading and off loading
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their detailed resume and cover letter including certified copies of academic certificates, quoting the job title as the subject to reach us no later than 30th April, 2019:
The Human Resource Manager
Peter and Company Distribution
Peter and Company Distribution