Health professionals came together recently to play a part in shaping the development of the multi-hazard disaster management plan aimed at building the health sector resilience to emergencies and disasters.
Health Disaster Coordinator, Dr. Glensford Joseph, said it is important that there is effective management of emergencies and disasters in the health sector.
“This plan would allow us to harmonize disaster management across the health sector and provide us the scope to effectively integrate and collaborate with other institutions; to have a meaningful program that allow us to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from events, whether natural or man-made.”
Dr. Joseph also emphasized the need for emergency preparedness and risk management to be strengthened.
“We did work on a programme that provides guidance with roles and responsibilities for the next three years. With that we know exactly the things we need to do within the Department of Health and Wellness and also it gives us that roadmap to effectively collaborate with multiple agencies because although the Department of Health and Wellness has its mandate, it needs the support of multiple agencies, needs the support of the community and needs the support of individuals to make this plan and programme a success.”
The Pan American Health Organisation and the World Health Organisation were instrumental in the providing the technical expertise essential for guiding the development of the plan.
Top Posts & Pages
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Saint Lucia - Vacancies before Tuesday April 23, 2019
- Vacancy - Customer Service Representative, Cafeteria Server, Cafeteria Kitchen Assistant Deadline to submit all applications is May 17 2019.
- Hailcloud Publishing - Vacancies
- Vacancy - Accounts Receivables & Administrative Clerk Closing date Tuesday 23rd April 2019
- Saint Lucia Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) - Lighthouse Keeper Deadline for submission of all applications is Friday 19th April 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
- Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) - Administrative Officer Deadline is 23rd April, 2019 at 4:00 p.m
- Vacancy - Driver
- Vacancy - Van Sales Representative