Health professionals came together recently to play a part in shaping the development of the multi-hazard disaster management plan aimed at building the health sector resilience to emergencies and disasters.
Health Disaster Coordinator, Dr. Glensford Joseph, said it is important that there is effective management of emergencies and disasters in the health sector.
“This plan would allow us to harmonize disaster management across the health sector and provide us the scope to effectively integrate and collaborate with other institutions; to have a meaningful program that allow us to prepare for, mitigate, respond to and recover from events, whether natural or man-made.”
Dr. Joseph also emphasized the need for emergency preparedness and risk management to be strengthened.
“We did work on a programme that provides guidance with roles and responsibilities for the next three years. With that we know exactly the things we need to do within the Department of Health and Wellness and also it gives us that roadmap to effectively collaborate with multiple agencies because although the Department of Health and Wellness has its mandate, it needs the support of multiple agencies, needs the support of the community and needs the support of individuals to make this plan and programme a success.”
The Pan American Health Organisation and the World Health Organisation were instrumental in the providing the technical expertise essential for guiding the development of the plan.
Saint Lucian Sophie Klein wins TEECA Caribbean Entrepreneurship Challenge and EUR 10.000 to develop her business
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Hotel Positions Deadline for application July 31st 2019.
- Branch Supervisor
- Sagicor - Administrative Assistant (Sales Department) by Monday July 22, 2019
- Uni-V St. Lucia Limited - Luxury Vacation Specialist Deadline for applications is Monday 22nd July 2019
- Solar Dynamics Ltd - Inventory Clerk
- Government of Saint Lucia - Wrap-Around Officers – Youth Empowerment Project.(RFE)
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Stewards, Steward (Shift Leader) & Housemen Deadline for applications is July 31, 2019