The Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA), Acting General Manager, Daren Cenac, is buoyed by the Government of Saint Lucia’s decision to upgrade the Hewanorra International Airport.
According to Mr. Cenac, the planned airport upgrades will help relive operational challenges partly caused by the inability to meet prescribed industry standards.
“For almost a decade SLASPA has faced challenges to operate this facility within prescribed industry standards,” he said. “The inadequacies of the current facility put a strain on the airport community and the quality of customer experience. Apart from improving the structure of the present terminal, the upgrade is critical in satisfying the evolving safety regulations and protocols, which govern aviation and airport operations.”
Consequently, Mr. Cenac welcomed the announcement of the loan guarantee by the Minister for Finance, Hon Allen Chastanet for the Hewanorra International Airport redevelopment project.
“I would also like to acknowledge the continued support of Hon. Stephenson King, Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy, and Labour Relations and the SLASPA Ports Council for championing the appeal to the government for this overdue upgrade,” he said.
Mr. Cenac added that SLASPA will provide frequent updates throughout the life of the project.
The airport redevelopment project is largest port upgrade since the USD$18 million berth expansion at Pointe Seraphine, which now allows for the berthing of mega cruise vessels.
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Hotel Positions Deadline for application July 31st 2019.
- Branch Supervisor
- Sagicor - Administrative Assistant (Sales Department) by Monday July 22, 2019
- Uni-V St. Lucia Limited - Luxury Vacation Specialist Deadline for applications is Monday 22nd July 2019
- Solar Dynamics Ltd - Inventory Clerk
- Government of Saint Lucia - Wrap-Around Officers – Youth Empowerment Project.(RFE)
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Stewards, Steward (Shift Leader) & Housemen Deadline for applications is July 31, 2019