The Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA), Acting General Manager, Daren Cenac, is buoyed by the Government of Saint Lucia’s decision to upgrade the Hewanorra International Airport.
According to Mr. Cenac, the planned airport upgrades will help relive operational challenges partly caused by the inability to meet prescribed industry standards.
“For almost a decade SLASPA has faced challenges to operate this facility within prescribed industry standards,” he said. “The inadequacies of the current facility put a strain on the airport community and the quality of customer experience. Apart from improving the structure of the present terminal, the upgrade is critical in satisfying the evolving safety regulations and protocols, which govern aviation and airport operations.”
Consequently, Mr. Cenac welcomed the announcement of the loan guarantee by the Minister for Finance, Hon Allen Chastanet for the Hewanorra International Airport redevelopment project.
“I would also like to acknowledge the continued support of Hon. Stephenson King, Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy, and Labour Relations and the SLASPA Ports Council for championing the appeal to the government for this overdue upgrade,” he said.
Mr. Cenac added that SLASPA will provide frequent updates throughout the life of the project.
The airport redevelopment project is largest port upgrade since the USD$18 million berth expansion at Pointe Seraphine, which now allows for the berthing of mega cruise vessels.
Top Posts & Pages
- Vacancy - Operations Administrative Assistant Deadline for submitting applications: 19th April, 2019
- Solar Dynamics St.Lucia - Vacancies
- Vacancy - Sales Representative Deadline for submission: March 31,2019
- Vacancy - Cashiers (part time) no later than March 25th 2019
- Island Style Tile & Bath - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, March 27th 2019.
- Flow - People Business Partner The deadline for submission of applications is Monday March 25, 2019
- JQ Motors Ltd -Quality Control Officer