The Air and Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA), Acting General Manager, Daren Cenac, is buoyed by the Government of Saint Lucia’s decision to upgrade the Hewanorra International Airport.
According to Mr. Cenac, the planned airport upgrades will help relive operational challenges partly caused by the inability to meet prescribed industry standards.
“For almost a decade SLASPA has faced challenges to operate this facility within prescribed industry standards,” he said. “The inadequacies of the current facility put a strain on the airport community and the quality of customer experience. Apart from improving the structure of the present terminal, the upgrade is critical in satisfying the evolving safety regulations and protocols, which govern aviation and airport operations.”
Consequently, Mr. Cenac welcomed the announcement of the loan guarantee by the Minister for Finance, Hon Allen Chastanet for the Hewanorra International Airport redevelopment project.
“I would also like to acknowledge the continued support of Hon. Stephenson King, Minister for Infrastructure, Ports, Energy, and Labour Relations and the SLASPA Ports Council for championing the appeal to the government for this overdue upgrade,” he said.
Mr. Cenac added that SLASPA will provide frequent updates throughout the life of the project.
The airport redevelopment project is largest port upgrade since the USD$18 million berth expansion at Pointe Seraphine, which now allows for the berthing of mega cruise vessels.
Top Posts & Pages
- M&C Drugstore – Cosmetics Sales Assistant no later than Tuesday January 29th, 2019.
- Rayneau Group of Companies - Vacancies
- Harbor Club - Bellman, Front Desk Agent, Restaurant Supervisors & Regional Sales Manager no later than 5pm January 25th, 2019
- St. Lucia Sotheby’s International Realty - Office Assistant Deadline for submission: Monday 21st January 2019
- IBS INC – ICT TECHNICIAN before Friday, January 25th, 2019
- Tamco Rentals - Sales Rep & Receptionist
- Real Foods Inc - Restaurant General Manager before Friday 25th January 2019.
- Bay Gardens Resorts - Pool Attendant no later than Friday 25th January 2019.
- Unicomer Group - Debt Collectors by January 25th 2019