The Fiscal Incentives Act is the primary legislation governing the award of incentives to manufacturing, service or processing industries. Fiscal incentives were introduced to facilitate local and foreign investment in the productive sector of the economy. In its current format, the Act offers a range of incentives to manufacturing entities including tax holidays up to a maximum of fifteen (15) years; waiver of import duties and consumption tax on imported plant machinery and equipment; and a waiver of import duties and consumption tax on imported raw materials and packaging.
Any manufacturer located in Saint Lucia can qualify for fiscal incentives if the enterprise manufactures an approved product (i.e. a product declared by order of Cabinet for manufacture by an approved enterprise). In light of a rapidly evolving global landscape for trade, commerce and development, the Government of Saint Lucia is being proactive in creating and sustaining conditions under which our private sector can continue to grow and compete on the international stage.
The following categories of business and services will now be able to benefit from Fiscal Incentives. These include:
1. Accounting Services
2. Management Consulting Services
3. Photographic Services
4. Architectural Services
5. Engineering Services
6. Integrated Engineering Services
7. Printing and Publishing Services
8. Veterinary Service
9. Medical and Dental Services
1. Motion Picture Projection Service
2. Entertainment Service
3. Sporting and other Recreational Services
4. Motion Picture Projection and Video Tape Production and Distribution Services
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGIES
1. Telecommunication Service
2. On-line information and/or data processing including transaction processing
SPA AND WELLNESS
1. Beauty and Spa
2. Physiotherapists and services provided by midwives, and para medical personnel
3. Medical Laboratories
Top Posts & Pages
- OJO Labs Customer Engagement Representatives
- CUNA Caribbean Insurance OECS Ltd. - Operations Assistant Closing date for submissions: Friday 3rd April, 2020.
- Republic Bank (EC) Ltd - Regulatory Compliance Officer Closing date for submission of applications is March 20, 2020
- Saint Lucia Air And Sea Ports Authority (SLASPA) - Workshop Assistant Deadline for submission of all applications is 25 March 2020 at 4:00 pm
- National Lotteries Authority of Saint Lucia - NLA ASP Programme Manager Deadline for applications: June 22, 2018
- Vacancy - Civil/Structural Engineer by March 31, 2020.
- Massy Stores - Data Analyst Closing Date for applications: Friday January 31st, 2020
- Vacancy - Doctor’s Assistant (part-time) by Tuesday 17th March 2020.
- Ti Kaye Resort and Spa - Housekeeper Deadline for submission: March 10, 2020.
- Job Vacancies In St Lucia