PURPOSE OF POSITION You are responsible for the operation of all food and beverage outlets including Doolittle’s Restaurant & Bar, Health Juice & Pizzeria, Yacht Club (Breakfast & Function room) (max 3 outlets) and special events, alongside the Executive Chef. Due to the size and operations of our restaurant, the Food and Beverage Manager must be hands on during peak services such as focusing on wine and spirits sales during dinner. A main focus should be given to customer service in accordance with Doolittle’s Restaurant & Bar Standards.
Responsible for the entire service operation
- Supervision/support of a professional welcoming and sales orientated F&B Service
- Coordinate with the Executive Chef dietary needs for guests according to Guest List Special Request.
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and order in accordance with Health Department rules
- Operation of service procedures according to standards (e.g. menus, decoration,)
- Organization and execution of F&B related functions and special events
Management and motivation of the service Staff
- Organization, management and motivation of restaurant and bar
- Management of work schedules & Training of service department
- Participation in waste management Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Cost control (incl. stock supply/inventory in accordance to the budget & standards)
- Daily closing of restaurant and bar area cash register
Active liaison with guests
- Welcoming of guests and socializing during meal times
- Conduction of daily menu presentation in coordination with the Executive Chef
Gives instructions to: Restaurant, Bar Staff, Executive Chef Receives instructions from: General Manager Direct Manager: General Manager
- The holder of the position undertakes not to pass over the company’s information, manuals, information on business developments and data to any third party or publicize or retain same for personal use after leaving the job.
- The company reserves the right to demand compensation for damages in the event of a breach of this instruction and take legal action against the staff.
- Conduct and appearance in accordance with the rules and regulations of Doolittle’s Restaurant & Bar
Experience Prior experience in a professional Food & Beverage organization
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 30th 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.