Rendezvous is seeking an experienced and committed individual to join the Engineering team as an Assistant Maintenance Manager.
The Assistant Maintenance Manager is expected to support the management of all engineering/maintenance operations, including maintaining the building, grounds and physical plant with attention towards safety, security and asset protection in conjunction with the Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager. Accountable for managing the budget, capital expenditure projects, preventative maintenance and energy conservation.
- Managing a team of trade personnel in liaison with Chief Engineer/Maintenance Manager
- Review the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate and solve problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Communicate regularly with all maintenance technicians, both individually and as a group, to ensure good two-way communication concerning maintenance issues
- Monitor the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment and initiate reordering when necessary.
- Implement best practices, standards and procedures in all maintenance functionalities
- Providing Exceptional Customer Service
Educational and Job Qualifications:
- University Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Trade /Technical school Diploma in similar field
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position in a 4-5-star resort
- Building maintenance, fire and safety experience is a must
- Good Knowledge of Occupational Health & safety procedures
- Excellent knowledge on Mpulse maintenance Software
- Familiar with boiler operation.
- Working knowledge of hotel general repairs, plumbing, electoral and HVAC.
- Experience with PPM (Preventive Maintenance) process.
- Comply with resort standards and policies for efficient operation.
- Good knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety procedures.
- Maintain standard of personal appearance and grooming.
- Required to work during weekends based on business requirements
Applications should be emailed to: HUMAN RESOURCES
VACANCY: ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Deadline for submission of applications: Friday 27th April, 2018