Invest Saint Lucia - Legal Officer
Invest Saint Lucia is seeking a Legal Officer to provide legal support to the agency. The successful incumbent will report to the Legal Counsel/Corporate Secretary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of and vetting of contracts and notarial documents
- Conducting legal research
- Providing legal support/advice to internal departments
- Preparing legal opinions
- Representing the agency in legal proceedings
- Any other duties as delegated by the Legal Counsel/Corporate Secretary
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Law (LLB) and Legal Certificate of Education
- Admittance to practice as an attorney at the Saint Lucia Bar
- 3 - 5 years’ experience a an attorney at law
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent Research and organization skills
- Proven ability to work in a demanding, deadline-driven environment
- Experience in drafting legal documents, including memoranda and contracts
- A good understanding of land and commercial matters
- Ability to work within a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Remuneration Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants for the above post should submit a resume including two letters of reference and certified copies of relevant qualifications to:
POST OF LEGAL OFFICER ATTENTION: SENIOR MANAGER HUMAN RESOURCES Invest Saint Lucia First Floor, Heradline Rock Building P.O. Box 495, Castries, St. Lucia
or via email at email@example.com
Deadline for submission of applications is Monday 20th November 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and experience will be acknowledged.