The Senior Accountant is required to provide support for the business operations by accurately recording financial transactions in a manner compliant with local legislation and FastCash policies and procedures in a timely manner. This involves creating financial transactions and generating financial reports from that information, and posting information to accounting journals or accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
Other duties include:
- Provide and analysis of the Profit and Loss statement to the Head of Accounts at the end of each month
- Monitor Accounts Payable and Receivable on a daily and monthly basis
- Provide support to the branches on a daily basis to ensure that transactions are recorded accurately and timely
- Effectively guide and motivate accounts clerks by coordinating activities and answering questions. This activity involves performance monitoring, coaching and training
- Any other reasonable duties assigned.
The incumbent works in an office environment. The position is non-physical with the intermittent periods of sitting or standing. There is some movement of materials (usually by lifting) required i.e. files, computer reports, filing boxes etc. Intermittent periods of concentration are required while workings on videos display terminals. There can be sites resulting from tight deadlines, delivery commitments and service/support requirements.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
In order to be employed at FastCash there are criterion that should be met:
- Degree in Accounts or professional certification and experience in the financial industry would be an asset
- Fluent in English (Oral and written). A foreign language would be an asset
- Knowledge of Anti-Money Laundering principles
- Fluent in English (Oral and Written)
- Ability to work with an multi-national team
- Must have proficiency working with Microsoft Office and Quickbooks. This job requires skills as well as utilization of office equipment
- Excellent communication, organized and leadership skills
Interested persons are asked to apply online at email@example.com
Deadline for submission is Sunday December 31st, 2017.
We thank all applicants; however, only those to be interviewed will be contacted.