Coconut Bay Resort & Spa - Assistant Financial Controller
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
The incumbent must possess knowledge but not limited in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Cost Control Principles and Procedures
- Knowledge of Procurement and Materials Management Procedures
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Suites (Outlook/Advance Excel/PowerPoint/Word)
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Polices (GAAP)
- Adaptable to change
- People and team orientated
- Effective Supervision of the Purchasing and Materials Department.
- Effective Supervision of Cost Control
- Effective Supervision of Income/Night Auditor/Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable/General Cashier/Paymaster
- Create and maintain an effective Internal Controls Environment.
- Effective Supervision of Project Management
- Responsibility to Management
- Position Deliverables: (Daily/Monthly/Quarterly/Annually)
- Roll up of Monthly P&L’s for CBML, SCBML, and NCH (including Balance Sheets)
- TB Exports and to provide reconciliations for the Financial Packages
- Review General Services Journals/Issues for both hotels
- Complete STL Government Documentation Requirements for Duty Free Exemptions
- Work w/ the various departments to do monthly close outs
- Work w/ Team to create the budgets by department for CBML & SCBML
- To Create the Load File and load the budgets for all departments
- Maintain the Report Writer for CBML & SCBML (Chart of Accounts / GL’s)
- Work w/ Sales and Marketing to do Monthly recons for the various markets and Miami Office.
- Produce and Coordinate the Weekly Financial Reports
- Work w/ Payroll to pull weekly labor stats, for YOY comparisons and help manage the labor costs for the various departments and HODs (Infinitime or Other)
- Perform and Audit inventory levels and rebook any variances back into the financial systems across the hotels.
- Update departmental checkbook on a monthly basis
- Compile and provide documentation for annual company audit
Required Technical Skills:
- Understands and is proficient in Excel (understands how to do conditional statements/formulas and pivot tables) Has experience using Excel to automate one’s daily routines and to provide guidance to others to in the department
- Has worked w/Abacus 21 POS Systems and understands the various financial bridges between systems – and how to enter and extract information.
- Has worked w/Datapro Financial Management Systems and understands the various financial bridges between systems – and how to enter and extract information/also to create loader files to upload the various journals into the system.
- Has worked w/ Adaco Inventory Management Systems and understands the various financial bridges between systems – and how to enter and extract information.
- Has worked w/ RDP (Resort Data Processing) Reservation Systems and understands the various financial bridges between systems – and how to enter and extract information.
- Has analytical capabilities by where ad-hoc reports may be requested, and the information may come from multiple sources and be able to pull it all together.
- Has worked with Payroll and Timekeeping systems (Micropay & Infinitime) for Fortnightly, Bi-Weekly and Monthly Payroll
Are You That Person? Please send a detailed resume to:
The Director of Human Resources Coconut Bay Resort & Spa P.O. Box 246, Vieux Fort, St. Lucia
Or email: email@example.com
Only suitable applications will be acknowledged.