This position requires a self-motivated, organized, detail oriented individual with strong work ethic. We are looking to recruit an individual who is honest, reliable and trustworthy who will be able to adapt quickly to the culture of this fast paced working environment. The ideal candidate should possess analytical skills, mathematical aptitude and have the ability to process transactions accurately and efficiently in accordance with the established Standard Operating Procedures. Most importantly the ideal candidate should be able to make use of appropriate Accounting Concepts as required in day to day tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Perform daily audit procedures necessary to ensure the balance and accuracy of all the Income/Revenue generating operations and corresponding records of Coconut Bay Resort and Spa and by extension Serenity at Coconut Bay.
Examples of key duties are interpreted as being descriptive and not restrictive in nature. Reasonable additional duties may be assigned by the Finance Manager/Finance Director to ensure the success of the overall team.
- Verify accuracy of all postings including RDP, Abacus, Shift4 systems etc. investigating and correcting errors and discrepancies discovered during the audit process.
- Prepare and post revenue journals daily.
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Verify and post all tour invoices.
- Prepare and maintain commission calculation for the following: Wines, Tours, Boutique, Spa, Photoshop, Kitesurf, Sales and Weddings departments for timely payroll submission.
- Reconcile monthly all General Ledger accounts as indicated by Management.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by Management.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
- Pleasant personality
- Neat appearance
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Display initiative
- Team player
- Customer/people oriented
- Associates Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
- Well versed with MS Office Package (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Minimum of 1-2 years’ experience (preferably in the hospitality industry) in accounting with at least 1 year in a similar capacity.
Interested candidates for this position should e-mail their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 13th September, 2019.