Bay Gardens Resorts St. Lucia - Line Cook
Bay Gardens Resorts St. Lucia is seeking to hire a skilled, creative and experienced Line Cook.
The ideal candidate will:
- Work in the designated station as assigned by the Executive and/or Sous Chef
- Create an exceptional culinary experience for the guests through preparation, cooking and food presentation
- Have working knowledge of appropriate cooking temperatures, making soups & sauces, preparing entrees, vegetable preparation and A la Carte cooking
- Serve food in proper portions on to correct serving vessels and plates • Maintain correct portion size and quality of the food to the hotel's standards
- Adhere to all sanitation regulations and requirements and also be responsible for the correct handling and preparation of all food items and equipment
- Be able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders
- Be able to prepare food within the recommended time frames to meet guest and staff expectations
- Must be able to operate standard kitchen equipment
- Be responsible to maintain cleanliness, sanitation at the assigned work area.
- Ensures that all products are stored properly in the correct location, at the appropriate levels, at all times
- Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
High school education is required. Diploma in Culinary Arts and basic computer skills is a plus.
Experience: One to five years minimum previous experience required in a high-volume kitchen or full-service hotel.
If you meet the requirements of this position and would like to be a part of our team, send your resumes to us at email@example.com no later than Friday 24th January, 2020.
Please note that only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview