Bay Gardens - Executive Sous Chef
Job Title: Executive Sous Chef
Reports To Food & Beverage Director
The Executive Sous Chef is responsible to assist the Executive Chef for overall kitchen operation as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction, through planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the Kitchen operation and administration.
Duties And Responsibilities Include
- Manage daily production, preparation, and presentation of all food/beverage to ensure a quality product.
- Manage and motivate kitchen staff. Train new kitchen employees. Ensure that all kitchen workers are performing at the level required by a professional kitchen.
- Create and manage kitchen staffing schedule.
- Monitor, analyze and control labor and food costs. Ensure budgets are met while quality is maintained/improved.
- Ensure food leaving the kitchen is of the highest quality and presented in an attractive manner.
- Assume responsibilities of Executive Chef in his absence.
- Manage food purchasing and storage.
- Establish strict adherence to a safe and hygienic kitchen environment according to state and local authorities.
- In conjunction with Executive Chef, develop new recipes and menus. Produce creative foods with fresh and quality ingredients.
- Maintain the integrity of recipes.
- Stay current with today’s food trends.
- Complete daily food orders based upon scheduled banquet events and projected levels of business.
- Maintain effective working relationships with food and beverage management and staff.
- Conduct regular inspections of the entire kitchen/dishwashing areas, coolers, and all equipment, and promptly act tocorrect any deficiencies found.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Fair and firm management abilities with high influencing skills.
- Strong administration skills.
- Creative and innovative.
- Strong knowledge of food and beverage.
- Hands-on approach to all operational aspects.
- Excellent communication skills and computer skills.
- Initiative and Self-motivated.
- Ideal training and coaching skills.
High school graduate or equivalent and a foundation degree in culinary arts would be an asset.
Minimum of 2 to 5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within the kitchen of a high-volume, full-service restaurant is required.
Applications may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday 12th February 2018. Only suitably qualified applicants may be contacted for interview.