Updated Weekly/Daily - Subscribe To Receive Vacancy Updates
Coucouks Accounting and Financial Consulting Services Inc.
Posting for entry-level Administrative Assistance: Interested in business
management as a career.
Local back office for a business based in the United States (Brooklyn, New York)
looking for a qualified and competent person for an entry-level position as an
administrative assistant. For the right candidate, the office administrative role is
designed to evolve into an office manager position over five to six years. The
candidate should expect to learn and perform tasks covering all general business
disciplines, such as business administration, marketing, and social media
The right candidate must have an in-depth knowledge of social media and the
ability to confidently promote two lines of business to potential clients via social
media, phone, and video calls. The candidate will be expected to network with
agencies and businesses in the United States in an effort to build a sales pipeline for
a construction and accounting business. As a successful hire, you will be responsible
for, identifying new customers, supporting lead-generation efforts, and follow-up
with clients to secure wins. You will attend initial client meetings and assist with the
development and distribution of bid documentation.
Administrative Assistant duties and responsibilities include providing administrative
support to ensure the efficient operation of the office and the work site.
● Caretaker for all office assets and supplies
● Ensure the office opening and closing procedures are followed without fault
● Organize and schedule meetings and appointments
● Maintain various contact lists and calendars up-to-date
● Produce and distribute correspondence memos, letters, faxes, and forms
● Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports
● Develop and maintain physical and electronic filing systems to support business
● Prepare instructional memos and take ownership of standardizing procedures
● Book travel arrangements and order office supplies
● Perform various data entry assignments in Quick books and other software programs
● Prepare forms and applications for government contracts in the United States
● Prepare and monitor invoices in Quickbooks
● Ensure proper operation of the office by keeping office space clean and organised
and in compliance with company policy
● Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
● Perform various data entry tasks in various software applications (marketing, tax,
● Assist with various tasks involving social media
● Assist management will all office and administrative tasks, including but not limited
to organizing office events, requesting supplies, tracking office inventory and
● Eager to learn and invest personal time in developing the skills needed to be
successful in the job
● Honest with a high level of integrity and moral compass
● Able to handle long days at work while maintaining a high level of productivity
● Predispose to use applications to research questions and come up with
● Ability or willingness to document discussion using a keyboard
● Working knowledge of G-suite (drive, sheets, documents, meet, chat)
● QuickBooks experience (basic certification required before start)
● Attention to detail and adept at reading correspondence in full
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills; telephone etiquette
● Sociable, professional, and team player
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Exceptional customer service skills
● Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
● Positive and professional attitude
● Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Education, Experience, and Certification Requirements:
The ideal candidate should have an associate's degree in business administration, or
equivalent business experience, as well as Quickbooks experience or certification.
Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks. The
candidate must be very detail-oriented. Candidates who do not have business
administration experience but can demonstrate a working knowledge of key
business processes will be considered. Priority will be given to candidates who are
familiar with doing business in the United States or willing to invest their own time
and effort to upskill themselves will be considered.
Candidates with a self-starter mindset are encouraged to apply, especially if they
are open to making the personal investment of time required to meet the job’s basic
requirements during the probationary period.
Additional Job information to be considered before applying:
1. Employees are expected to work 40 hours a week and overtime when required.
2. The work week is Monday through Saturday with two off days.
3. Working shifts are 8 hours a day. Shifts vary depending on the time of year.
4. The office is a 10-minute walk from a bus stop on the Gros Islet highway.
Walking to the office is an uphill climb.
5. Overtime is generally required from November to April.
6. The majority of work done are for clients in the United States. As such,
familiarity with the United States is an asset.
7. This is an entry-level position only for persons who are keen on becoming a
leader in the future and are keen on pursuing a career in business
8. Candidates must pass a basic spreadsheet and word processing test using
google sheets and google docs.
9. Given the job requirements, the minimum probation period is 6 months
10. Candidates will have to demonstrate via a live certification session that they
can pass the first level of Quickbooks certification. Access to free QuickBooks
training is available for candidates to prepare.
To apply, send your information to CAFCS@waynedanielcpa.com. The deadline for
submission is May 12th, 2023.