VINCI CONSTRUCTION GRANDS PROJETS
Position – Surveyor
Location: Vieux Fort
The surveyor will also be responsible for the survey and layout on pipe way, and foundations on heavy civil projects. Provide data relevant to the shape, contour, gravitation, location, elevation, or dimension of land or land features on or near the earth’s surface for engineering, construction, and other purposes.
Principal Duties and responsibilities
- Stake pavement, existing network, sewers
- Topo anything and make implementation marks
- Run a level loop
- Learn to run the Leica PaveSmart system
- Ability to run trimmer with Leica
- Ability to run the Total Station
- Setup Total Stations and move ahead to survey pipe laying work and prepare as-built
- Work with project manager and other surveyors to complete surveys.
- Research maps and other records to obtain data needed
- Plan and organize surveying efforts to determine precise location and measurements of points, elevations, lines, areas, and contours for construction, mapmaking, land division, titles, mining, or other purposes
- Keep accurate notes, records, and sketches to describe and certify work performed
- Perform field surveying to obtain data for base plans
- Provide work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Provide topographic and cross-section surveys as required for planning and payment quantities.
- Provide quantity calculations as required.
- 2-5+ years of experience of surveying in heavy civil construction is preferred
- Experience with AutoCAD is a plus
- Experience with GPS Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and perceptively with a wide variety of individuals in person, via telephone and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and resolve everyday problems, keeping all appropriate parties aware of issues and/or risks.
- Has a strong work ethic.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office
- Understand and enforce the company’s safety policies
- Ability to read roadway and other construction plans.
- Ability to distinguish differences in materials.
- Ability to understand elevations and offset info.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Safety support and planning work with Health and Safety Personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Outside environment, exposure to all weather conditions and temperatures. Site specific exposure to hazardous materials requiring proper use of Personal Protective Equipment. Noise levels are site specific and may be subject to PPE.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly standing; walking; used hands to handle/feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- You are occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop or kneel
- You must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires that you walk the construction site, climb ladders, climb stairs and walk on uneven ground.
- Must have the ability to multitask.
- Position requires the employee to spend much of their time on the project sites.
Preferred but not an obligation:
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to perform tasks with minimum supervision
- Leadership Skills
- Previous experience in a multicultural environment is a plus
All candidates must submit a CV and a Cover Letter, addressed to the attention of Mr. Michael Prost (Project Manager) at the following e-mail address: email@example.com