Goddard Group – IT Project Manager
The Goddard Group IT Department is seeking an IT Project Manager to support the Group IT Manager in effective planning, execution and completion of Group IT projects. The IT Project Manager is responsible for the overall day to day management of one or more projects with minimal direction and will receive project management oversight from senior management.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Effective application of project management principles in design, management and execution of IT projects
- Effective monitoring and achievement of approved project budgets and resources
- Ensuring quality assurance in the delivery of projects
- The provision of solutions which address the people, process and technology implications of all projects
- Development of change management strategies and plans which ensure stakeholder buy in
- Effectively monitor vendors, contractors and other external parties in the delivery of services
- Ensure appropriate staffing and assignment to ensure project success
Required Competency Skills & Behavioural Attributes
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to lead, motivate and direct a workgroup
- Critical thinking and analytical skills
- Conflict management and problem solving skills
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize multiple activities and experience working under pressure and deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to effectively represent and work with staff at all levels in both IT and business functions
Academic Requirements & Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
- Formal training and experience in Project Management, and Change Management, A recognised certification in Project Management is an asset
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the delivery of IT systems and solutions including leadership of a team
This position will be based in St. Lucia and is a travelling role. Applicants must be holders of a passport valid for regional and international travel. This job will require periodic scheduled and unscheduled travel, working out of respective GEL businesses.
The salary for the above position is based on qualifications and experience. Package to include group medical and life insurance, group pension, access to training and development, group discounts and more.
Applicants must submit a resume with two professional references and certified copies of relevant qualifications. Deadline for applications is September 20, 2017. Applications should be submitted correctly addressed as follows:
By E-mail to: email@example.com, titled “GEL IT PROJECT MANAGER”
Only suitable candidates will be contracted for interview.