Water And Sewerage Company Inc (WASCO) - Systems Administrator
JOB TITLE: Systems Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
REPORTS TO: Information Technology Manager
Reporting to the IT Manager, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Administer the computer management systems to include active directory group policy;
- Analyze, design, implement and maintain scripts based on network and system needs;
- Provide support for servers, the network at all nodes and Security systems;
- Coordinate help desk requests and ensure compliance with service level agreements;
- Conduct research and development projects on new systems, hardware and configurations;
- Troubleshoot server operating system (Microsoft Windows server 2012/2016), network hardware and network application errors;
- Manage the Network Management system;
- Provide detailed documentation on all system changes and configurations;
- Actively monitor and review activity logs from Firewalls and other parameter security systems;
- Perform any other related work as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The Officer’s competencies and skills should include:
- Knowledge of active directory, group policy, networking and operating systems;
- Knowledge of desktop management system administration and scripting;
- Knowledge of microcomputer hardware (including peripheral equipment) and software packages;
- Experience in performing preventative maintenance of hardware and software and understanding complex technical documentation and reference material;
- Ability to analyze network and system, design technical approach, implement and maintain solutions involving scripting group policy;
- Ability to communicate technical knowledge and language to users and subordinates.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Information Technology/Systems;
- Industry relevant certifications (CCNA, CCISP, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE, etc.) will be an asset;
- At least five (5) years’ experience working in a technical environment with focus on Networking and Systems Administration;
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of business applications (Microsoft Office, Accounting Systems, Customer Management Systems).
Applications should be addressed to: The Human Resource Manager Water & Sewerage Company Inc (WASCO) L’Anse Road Castries Saint Lucia, W.I.
Deadline for the submission of applications is Friday 24th August, 2018.
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com. Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview.
Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.