WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC. - Senior Human Resource Officer
JOB TITLE: Senior Human Resource Officer
DEPARTMENT: Human Resource
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
Reporting to the HR Manager, the successful applicant will be required to:
- Assist in the development and delivery of HR services to WASCO;
- Undertake special HR projects as they are assigned;
- Update and develop drafts of job descriptions;
- Assist with the implementation of HR policies, practices and procedures;
- Ensure employee compliance with company policy and guidelines;
- Assist in compilation of job vacancy advertisements, screening of applicants and provision of administrative support for interview;
- Prepare employment contracts, offer and appointment letters;
- Research HR issues which are required from time to time;
- Co-ordinate social activities and wellness programs;
- Assist with training and development initiatives; and
- Perform any other related duties assigned from time to time.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The Officer’s competencies and skills should include:
- Excellent interpersonal relations;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Sound judgment and decision-making ability;
- Good planning and organization skills;
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret relevant labour legislation;
- Knowledge of and ability to work in a unionized environment;
- Ability to recommend and implement effective HR procedures;
- Familiarity with the application of information technology to HR practices.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or related field. Applicants should also have specialized training in and working knowledge of IT applications for HR Administration, Personnel Management, Industrial Relations, Team Building, Customer Service, Employee Welfare Plans; plus a minimum of four (4) years of relevant work experience in a similar environment.
- Salary shall be commensurate with the successful applicant’s qualification and experience.
Application letters, along with full curriculum vitae, letters of reference from two referees and certified documents pertaining to qualifications, should be submitted under confidential cover to:
The Human Resource Manager Water & Sewerage Company Inc (WASCO) L’Anse Road Castries Saint Lucia, W.I.
Deadline for the submission of applications is 23rd November, 2018.
NB: Applications may also be submitted via email to email@example.com.
Unsuitable candidates will not be acknowledged. Candidates meeting the minimum qualifications and experience may not be considered for an interview.
Only the candidates with the best qualifications and experience will be shortlisted for interview.