WATER AND SEWERAGE COMPANY INC – Mechanic
JOB TITLE: Mechanic
DEPARTMENT: Support Services
REPORTS TO: Garage Supervisor
We are looking for a skilled Mechanic to repair and maintain vehicles. The candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing issues with the aim to maximize reliability and functionality.
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately;
- Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade;
- Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity;
- Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (e.g. leaks);
- Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job;
- Keep logs on work and issues;
- Maintain equipment and tools in good condition.
- Any other job related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of automotive components – theory and practice;
- Ability to disassemble, inspect, calibrate and reassemble motor vehicle units and components;
- Ability to handle tools and heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in harsh environments.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Associate Degree in Automotive Engineering from SALCC or other recognized institution.
- Three (3) years relevant work experience.
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday March 2nd, 2018 and should be addressed to:
Attention: Human Resource Manager Water and Sewerage Company Inc. L’Anse Road P O Box 1481, Castries
OR Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.