Vacancy - Pastry/ Baker / Pizza Cook, Cafeteria Assistant & Customer service representative
A catering business/ cafeteria in the North of the Island is seeking suitable applicants to join its team.
Vacancy 1: Pastry/ Baker / Pizza Cook
The following will be considered in selecting the successful candidate to fill in the position.
Strong leadership skills and must have the ability to manage the café type cuisine independently & cost effectively, maintaining health and safety standards. Must be creative and passionate about cooking and must have hands on practical experience to create various types of breads, desserts, cakes, pastries, hors d’oeuvres pizzas, snack and catering menu to include healthy menu options, with an international and local twist.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in culinary arts, cooking or related field.
- Strong organizational Skills, effective Verbal & written Communication, basic computer skills
- Problem solving skills, Creativity, Interpersonal Skills
- Knowledge of the operating functions of kitchen equipments, tools, & appliances.
- Ability to create a menu maintaining expected food cost target.
- Ability to manage inventory of all products, supplies, food ingredients, for purchasing.
Experience: At least 5 years hands on experience in producing bakery items, cakes and pastries.
- Must be able to obtain valid health card.
- Must be flexible to work varied shifts including weekends and public holidays valid driver’s license would be an advantage
Apprentice to the above position who is also passionate about cooking/baking and is trainable can be considered.
Vacancy 2: Cafeteria Assistant: Front of the house
Job Summary: The successful candidate must be able to work independently and must have the skills to successfully operate and manage the Cafeteria, serving specialty cakes, breads and pastries, snacks and must have the knowledge to create healthy smoothies recipes cost effectively, to achieve the goals and maintain the standards of the operation. This role is also responsible to provide excellent customer service, serving hot and cold beverages, food preparation and catering, ensuring overall clean upkeep of the serving area consistently maintaining health and safety standards.
Knowledge, skills, education required.
- High school education
- Must be able to obtain a valid health card.
- Advance computer skills
- Hands on experience in similar settings would be an advantage
- Strong sales ability to promote menu offerings
- Hospitality experience in related field would be an advantage
- Strong customer service skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong leaders ship skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Multitask ability
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, Strong team player.
- Ability to plan events would be a plus
Vacancy 3: Customer service representative:
The customer service representative main responsibility is manage the reception area, to ensure that all customers, enquiries, billing is handled professionally and that customer receive clean laundry in a timely manner as per the operating standard of the establishment. To also provide clerical and administrative support to the establishment.
- Must be customer service oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must be self motivated, proactive, responsible and must able to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to multi task, prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team player must have numerical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Advance computer skills,
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, possibly public holidays, and weekends Valid driver’s license would be an advantage.
- Advance computer skills: Point of sales, Proficient in Microsoft windows applications including spreadsheets. Working knowledge of quick books program would be a plus. Formal training in customer care would be an asset. High school education or formal training in hospitality related field. Must be trainable
Interested candidates can email applications and resume the address below: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to submit all applications is August 15 2018.
Only suitable applicants will be acknowledged