Vacancy – Accounts Payables Clerk
A leading Distribution Company, is currently looking for an Accounts Payables Clerk to join their customer-focused team.
The Accounts Payables Clerk provides payables reports to management by reconciling supplier invoices and payments in accordance with strict timelines.
Qualifications & Experience:
At least level 1 ACCA, CPA, Two “A” levels including accounting or an associate degree in Business Studies with 2 years’ experience in Accounts Payables. A degree in accounting would be an asset.
Major Duties include
- Preparing cheques for local suppliers, clearance of goods etc, from approved documents.
- Dispatching of cheques on a timely basis.
- Entering invoices (local and foreign) on a timely basis.
- Monitoring local and foreign supplier accounts to ensure credit terms, limits and payment terms are adhered to.
- To reconcile supplier statements monthly
- To file all cheque documentation and supplier invoices
- To prepare required expense reports on a monthly basis.
- To perform Bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- To liaise with the bank concerning queries on the bank account.
Skills and Other Attributes Required:
- Knowledge of Sage 300 (Accpac) would be an asset.
- Intermediate level knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to work consistently within set deadlines, team player.
To apply please email your CV along with a cover letter to email@example.com no later than 31st January 2018.