The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, Physical Planning, Natural Resources and Co-operatives in collaboration with the Performance Management and Delivery Unit (PMDU) and the Inter-American Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), hosted a workshop focused on the cocoa sector. The workshop was held on Thursday 3rd of October 2019 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., at the conference room of the Department of Fisheries, Pointe Seraphine, Castries.
The aim of the workshop was to provide a platform for defining the vision and obtaining information geared towards the development of a strategy for increasing gains in the cocoa sector. This will ultimately bridge the gap between what currently obtains and the untapped market. The participants of the one-day workshop comprised of local cocoa producers (farmers), officers from Ministry of Agriculture, Export St Lucia, Department of Economic Development, Transport and Civil Aviation, IICA, Brazilian Embassy and St Lucia Development Bank.
The cocoa sector has continued to demonstrate both economic and environmental resilience. It is against this backdrop that the Ministry of Agriculture considered it crucial to develop a policy aimed at enhancing the cocoa sector. This will ultimately support other sustainable and systematic approaches, to secure the roadmap of for the enhancement of the cocoa sector.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Vacancies Deadline for Application is Friday February 28, 2020.
- Island Style Interiors - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, February 26th 2020.
- Vacancy - Tour Guides
- Events Saint Lucia - Vacancies Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
- Dax Wholesale & Retail - CASHIERS & PORTER/MEAT PORTERS
- The Career Centre - Sales Manager - Insurance Application Deadline: March 5th, 2020
- TriBiz Marketing – Sales & Marketing Agents before the deadline Friday 21st February 2020,