The Ministry of Tourism, Information and Broadcasting, Culture and Creative Industries will, today, signal the commencement of the 2019 cruise season by hosting a high level meeting with key stakeholders within the cruise sector, including private and public sector agencies. The primary focus of the meeting is to share the concerns of stakeholders on issues relating to the sector, as well as to generate mechanisms to address these issues.
The cruise sector is a major component of the tourism industry and relies heavily on key products and services to ensure that cruise passengers have a memorable, quality experience during their stay. Some of these services include hiking, water-based tours and adventure, shopping, and heritage experiences. In this vein, the ministry is constantly seeking to ensure that the necessary product upgrades are implemented to guarantee continued diversity in the services provided.
Stakeholder agencies and other representatives expected to be in attendance include but are not limited to the Ministry of Tourism, Soufriere Marine Management Association Inc. (SMMA Inc.), St. Lucia Air & Sea Ports Association (SLASPA), Marine Police Unit, Cox and Company, Foster and Ince St. Lucia Cruise Services Ltd, Craft Association, Castries City Council, St. Lucia Tourism Authority (SLTA) and Invest St. Lucia.
The Ministry of Tourism is optimistic that following this discussion, agencies will agree on key actions which will chart the course for the sector and encourage inclusivity and growth.
The meeting will be held at 9:30 a.m., on Oct. 8, at the Conference Room of the Orchid Gardens in Union. Members of the media are invited to arrive for set up from 8:45 a.m.
Top Posts & Pages
- Windjammer Landing Villa Beach Resort - Vacancies Deadline for Application is Friday February 28, 2020.
- Island Style Interiors - Customer Service Representative DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Wednesday, February 26th 2020.
- Vacancy - Tour Guides
- Events Saint Lucia - Vacancies Deadline for receiving applications is Wednesday 26th February 2020
- Excellent Stores Saint Lucia Limited (ESSL) - Administrative Assistant
- The Career Centre - Sales Manager - Insurance Application Deadline: March 5th, 2020
- Dax Wholesale & Retail - CASHIERS & PORTER/MEAT PORTERS
- TriBiz Marketing – Sales & Marketing Agents before the deadline Friday 21st February 2020,